Rebirth

The happy screams and blissful music slowly faded, while I succumbed to this tomb-- this heavy, purple hell. I can feel my body inside of me. The feeling makes me want to throw up, but I guess an animatronic suit doesn't have a gut, right? 

I saw the golden rabbit dragging in another corpse: Gabriel. 

I was ready to pounce on him. How dare he hurt my friend? And on his birthday??? My soul surged with rage as I watched the rabbit violently shove his lifeless body into the Freddy costume. God, I could still smell the stench. The blood and sweat-soaked mascot costumes stung my nose, and the whiff of Gabriel's rotting corpse in the humid storage closet made my stomach churn. Although, can I even refer to this feeling as "stomach-churning" anymore? Do I even have a stomach? So many questions with no perception of time I have remaining until I die.

When the golden rabbit opened the door, I saw that all the lights were turned off. The neon charm of this place had gone, like the light from Gabriel's eyes. Suddenly, I heard someone speak.

"Psst. Psst!"

Is there someone still here? I tried to turn my head toward the noise, but it was no use. This suit was still powered off. A solid white face with blue streaks and rosy cheeks occupies my vision, obstructing it from Gabriel.

It spoke in a hushed voice, "Can you hear me?"

I try to speak. I didn't even know if I could, "...yes?" It came out so weary and weak. I hope my mom isn't too worried. I don't want her to find me like this.

"Good! You can speak! The others can't yet. Not quite sure why."

"How many are there?"

"Just here or in total?"

In total? There are more?

"I guess...here?

"Well, there's you in Bonnie, someone's in Chica and Foxy, it looks like you knew who's in Freddy, and someone else in the back. I can't quite see that far."

"Is there someone in you, too?"

"Not physically."

My head hurts. I can't tell if it's because of the newfound information or the fact that I was just bludgeoned no more than a couple of hours ago. The creature caught my attention again.

"Every night, a night guard watches over us to make sure we're in our rightful spots. But between you and me, I've never really liked him."

Down the darkened hallway, I heard the echoing of a door opening and closing. Heavy footsteps wandered further and further away from us. A flickering red dot called my eyes toward it. It was a camera placed in the corner that pointed at us. That's when it clicked. We weren't in a storage closet, we were the performing act, on stage and vulnerable.

I could feel an undeniable rage fill my essence, a bloodlust for whoever was on that camera. Why were we forced to play this role? Why have our lives been taken so soon? All I wanted was a balloon. Before I understood what I was doing, I got off the stage, a movement I had no idea I was capable of.

As if my legs had a mind of their own, I stomped my metallic feet closer and closer to the security office. There sat a sickly-looking man that looked like...the golden rabbit? I couldn't believe it. The coward that took the lives of 5 innocent children just waltzed into the pizzeria as a security guard to-- what-- monitor his prize? I was boiling, and I began to lunge at the man. My metallic jaw unhinged when-- BANG!!

My face was met with an iron-steel door.

I waited there all night, but the door never receded. Instead, I watched the sunrise outside of the windows. A site I never thought I'd see again. I almost felt alive again. Until I realized I couldn't feel the warmth of the sun's rays on my skin. Until I noticed that I wanted to cry, but no tears would come. Instead, before I knew it, everything went black, like someone deactivated me.

When I came to, I was moving but not of my own free will. I was singing the Fazbear theme song, pretending to strum a guitar in front of hundreds of children that were once me.

At least I had Gabriel by my side.