Reunited

When the moon found its rightful place in the sky and the children retreated back to their homes, I had free will over my metallic body once more. My first instinct was to see if Gabriel had made it with me to this new afterlife; I could not envision this new life without him here to keep me company. I tried speaking with him, just as the marionette spoke to me.

"G-Gabriel?" I stuttered.

The Freddy suit's eyes turned on, "This is such bullshit." That had to be Gabriel.

I responded, "I agree. I want that stupid murdering night guard to come back so I can use this suit to- to BITE HIS HEAD OFF!!"

"You do that," said Gabriel, already sounding defeated.

"Don't you want to kill him? He killed us!"

A voice from Gabriel's right chimed in, "I want to!"

It came from Chica the chicken. The voice sounded like a girl.

"My name is Susie. What's your name?"

"I'm Jeremy and this is Gabriel." Gabriel didn't respond.

"I'll join you tonight. I'll go left if you go right?"

"Deal."

Right on queue, the nightguard enters for the night. I lean over to Gabriel and speak softly so Susie can't hear.

"I'm sorry your birthday was ruined. I'm here if you need anything."

Then, I force out, "I love you," before leaving for the night with Susie to avenge our deaths.