| Chapter 4 |

I let out a small sigh as I get back to the bakery.
"Hello, Sabine." I greet as I walk in. She looks up and nods at me, then she points up. She has a customer in front of here so I nod and head upstairs. I open my door and jump on my bed exhausted.

"Hello Maman." I hear someone say downstairs. Probably Marinette. I yawn as I sit up to grab my math homework.

(~)

30 minutes later I'm only halfway through the page. I groan as I get up from my desk grabbing my headphones as I leave the room.

I open Spotify and play some music.

Once I'm outside I look around.

Alright time to explore

I walk around town just admiring the place, I walk next to the Seine. The music I'm listening to gets mixed with some band I've never heard. I take them out just to find a houseboat ahead of me playing music.

I tuck my headphones away as I walk over to see if it was a concert. I reach it and it's a big boat, with boxes and things everywhere. On the  front of the boat was a band playing. They were wearing unicorns mixed with cat costumes. I stand and listen for a moment while the finish.

The song ends and they take off their gear, a few kids from my class are the ones playing and- woah. He's cute.

"Hey y/n!" Someone says, I look away from him to see Rose looking at me expectantly.

"Hey guys, I didn't know you were in a band." I admire with a grin.

She giggles, "Yep! We are called Kitty Section, Marinette made these costumes."

I nod "Cool." The boy walks up to me. He has blue hair, blue eyes, he seems a Ing older than us and hes holding a guitar.

He grins at me, "Hi, I'm Luka."

I look at him mesmerized for a moment before I shake his hand. "I'm Y/n." I say after a moment. He looks like someone I know. "By any chance are you related to Jagged Stone?" I ask.

"Me? No way." He laughs. "Why do I look like him? He's my favorite artist." 

My phone starts ringing, I look at it to see and incoming call from Mrs.Dupain-Cheng.

I'll change that later I think as I answer the phone. 

"Y/N dear, it's dinner time soon, could you come back to the bakery please?" She asks.

"Oh course Sabine." I respond. I hang up and look at them, "I gotta go, cya later guys!" I look over and nod at Luka then I see someone behind him. "Bye Juleka." I grin and I start to walk away.

On my way back I see and old man reaching into the Seine for something. I rush over "do you need help sir?" I ask.

He looks up at me "yes please!" I dropped my box in the water and I can't reach it." He worries.

"No problem sir!" I grin as I place my phone and headphones on the walkway next to my hoodie. I reach down towards the water but I can't reach it.

"It's okay if you can't I'll call the fire department or something." He apologizes.

"It's no worries I'm not afraid to get in." I slip my shoes and socks off and sink into the water. I grab the box and put it on the wall way next to him jumping out of the water slightly. I hands slip and I fall into the water completely submerged. The shock of the cold water washed over me stunning me momentarily while I sank down further.

I grasp the water frantically and start to swim up slowly. I'm almost at the top when a pole shoots down right if from of me and someone grabs my arm and pulls me up.

I break the surface of the water and gasp for air. I look to see a black leathered hand holding my arm pulling me up. No way Chat noir?!

I grin at him, "Thank you Chat, but I was almost at the top."

He nods looking at me and the old man back and forth, "Do you know him?" He asks me.

"Um no, I was getting something he dropped in the water for him." I explain.

He only hums in response.

I get back on the walk way shivering, he hands me my sweater and I take it, "I'm capable of doing that myself." I say with a smirk.

He snorts "I'm sure you can take care of yourself since you weren't almost drowning."

I gasp, "I wasn't drowning, I could've made it."
I scoff.

He shakes his head, "Sure, I- where did he go?" He questions.

I look over to where the old man was to see he was gone. "Huh, I don't know. I didn't see him leave."

Chat noir laughs slightly. "Do you need a ride home?" He asks.

"You have a car?" I didn't know that.

He rolls his eyes, "No I have a pile though."

I giggle, "So you're a stripper?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

He shakes his head and extents his baton, "Where do you live?"

"The Dupain-Cheng bakery." I respond

"They have the best croissants." He sighs dreamily. "Let's go." He grabs my waist and pulls my into him.

"What are you- AHH!" I shriek as he extends us into the air above the houses. He looks at me concerned. "I'm joking, I'm not scared at all." I huff crossing my arms and turning. I slowly slip out of his grasp and he pulls me in tighter. "Woah there, don't want to die like this right?" He teases.

"Pfft, I'm gonna die a warriors death on the battle field." I say curtly.

He winks, "Sure you are."

(~)

I walk downstairs from my room. "Y/n? I didn't know you came in." Tom exclaims.

"Er yeah Chat Noir dropped me off." I chuckle as I sit down.

Marinette drops her fork. "He did? He's not supposed to be off pat- I mean that's so cool!" She stumbles over her words.

I give her an odd smile. "Yeah it is, I was drenched from the Seine, after retrieving something for a old man." I scratch the back of my neck. "So he dropped me off so I could dry off before dinner."

"Well that's nice!" Sabine exclaims.

"Mhm, very nice." Marinette says through her teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello loves 🫶 that had 1084 words lmao, we are getting somewhere   now! Any guesses who the old man is? 🫣😏