Chapter 2: Never Understand of the Time Travel Girl

"Sesshomaru Taisho?" Kagome asked, still staring at his golden eyes.

He glared at her sharply. "Haven't you heard of me, human? I'm the son of Lord Inu no Taisho, the Great Demon Dog of the West." Sesshomaru asked as he began to wrap his hand around her neck, squeezing his grip tightly that made Kagome gag for air. He was confused but furious. He never met anyone like her who hasn't heard of him. But how is it that a young human woman doesn't know him?

"I-I can't breath...!" She struggled for air, gripping her hands around his wrist.

"How is it that you never heard of us?" Sesshomaru asked again. He stopped squeezing her neck, letting her breathe for air while waiting for her to answer him and holding her neck softly.

"Where I come from, you don't exist," Kagome said as she coughed heavily for air.

"What do you mean we don't exist?" Sesshomaru asked as he released her.

Kagome stood up, holding onto her neck and coughing for air. After that, she began to talk to him, "Well, um... wait a minute... what year is it?"

He narrowed his eyes. "It's 1295. Why?"

"No way... I was sent back in time." Kagome said, shocked.

Sesshomaru was confused about what Kagome was saying. "Sent back in time? Why would a human like you be sent back in time?"

"It's Kagome. Not human."

"Hn," Sesshomaru responded rudely.

How rude!? What is his problem? Does he hate me or something? Kagome thought as she glared at him before she could respond to him, "Look, I needed your help, Sesshomaru." She said, "You see, I was sent back in time because I was pulled by a giant centipede then suddenly... I... I don't know how to get back home."

"So you're a time travel?" Sesshomaru asked.

She nodded in response.

"Tell me, human. What kind of time travel are you and where did you come from?" Sesshomaru asked again, sounding annoyed.

Kagome sighed. "Alright, I'll explain everything to you."

***

Sesshomaru and Kagome sat side by side while leaning against the tree as Kagome explained her situation. About an hour went by of explaining who she is and where she came from, Kagome felt out of her breath by the time she was done. She wasn't a crazy person. She tried to be a normal person like Sesshomaru does, but he doesn't because he has an emotionless expression on his face. Deep down Kagome noticed he has hatred within his soul.

"So in your time, demons are myths doesn't exist, are they?" Sesshomaru asked.

She nodded. "Yep."

"There are more humans than there are demons in the future?" Sesshomaru asked again.

"Exactly," Kagome replied.

"How can that be?" Sesshomaru asked. He was surprised to hold that demons were extinct and humans grew into huge numbers in the next upcoming years.

"I don't know." Kagome said, sounding a bit disappointed, "You probably didn't like it, do you?"

Sesshomaru shook his head no in response.

"Then I'll try not to bother you again," Kagome replied

"Human, there are demons around this world that they do not like," Sesshomaru said.

She became confused. "What do you mean?"

"We demons despised humans. My mother, Inukimi Taisho, despised humans as well. Humans don't accept demons."

She was confused again. "They don't accept you all as demons?"

"Yes. Priests, monks, and priestesses don't get along with demons." Sesshomaru explained.

"Why can they get along?" Kagome asked.

"Humans are always afraid of what's different. If they don't know what something is, they choose to fear or destroy it."

"I see," Kagome muttered. It made sense to her. It's true for everyone. People are afraid of things that aren't them. There's so much prejudice and fear at this time than there is in the future. "So that is why you hated humans, as you hated me as a human? I promise I won't bother you again. I'll have to find my way back to my time. Although it's great that we got along about an hour ago. Hopefully, we'll be good friends when humans will finally accept demons."

Sesshomaru was silent. He doesn't understand the reason. He never understood Kagome's kindness. He always hated humans who don't accept them or get along. He knew she must be stupid but a very strange human. Although she was a very strange time traveler.

"You are a strange human." Sesshomaru said, "Why are not fear me after I attacked you?"

"Because you don't look like a monster to me. I thought you were someone else. I don't see the blood of these claws very much. Are you aware that I'm different from before? Even though, I don't believe in my grandfather's stories. I never believed in ancestors. I never believed in everything."

Sesshomaru softened his eyes. "Is that so?"

"Yep. I never believed in ancestors. Believe me, I don't believe in everything because I'm from my time. I know that I should be afraid. You indeed hated humans in order to kill them."

He glared at her before standing up. "I choose whatever I want, human. Do not try to make me believe in your tricks."

"But you choose not to," Kagome replied, facing him.

Suddenly, there was a silent treatment when she and Sesshomaru began to stare at each other's gazes. Awkwardly, Kagome backed away a bit.

"I think I should get going. I still need to my way to get back home or else my family will be worried."

"You're leaving already?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Yeah. I really should get going right now. I still hope we'll get to see each other again. So... bye!" Kagome said before she took off running while Sesshomaru was watching.

Sesshomaru began to frown at that. He still doesn't understand why Kagome wasn't afraid of him or accept him as a demon. Strongly, he always knew she was a time traveler who never believed in ancestors.

This girl... She wasn't afraid of me nor demons. I really don't understand her kindness. How is she not afraid of us? Sesshomaru thought.