Chapter 4: The Western Palace

"Kagome, you can let go now," Taisho said.

"Oh... right," Kagome said as she let go of his kimono. Then he kindly placed her on her feet. She turned around and saw a huge palace in front of her. It was at least five times bigger than her house. "Is that your palace?" She asked marvelously.

Taisho smiled at her. "Yes." He said, "The Western Palace. My home."

"That's quite a big home, Taisho," Kagome said.

"Thank you. Now, come along. We have some extra clothes for you before I could tour you to my kingdom." Taisho replied as he gestured for her to follow him. She instantly followed beside him as they entered the palace. She saw different portraits of demons that had the same traits as Taisho or Sesshomaru, but they were dressed differently and had different hairstyles. There are also portraits of a giant demon. She began to wonder who the demon was.

"That's the demon dog's true form," Taisho said, noticing her stares at the paintings.

"True form?"

"Yes. For high-class demons, we're able to have two forms. We have a human form and we have a demon form. Our human forms hide our demon form, which is convenient sometimes." Taisho said.

"How is it convenient?" Kagome asked.

"Well, sometimes we want to blend in with other humans. But sometimes, a priest or priestess might deflect us, which causes problems from time to time." Taisho told her, "Humans don't get along with demons. But few do get along."

"I see," Kagome murmured, glancing down at the ground. I'm guessing Sesshomaru was right. Humans don't get along with demons just as much as the villagers. Kagome thought.

"Everything alright, Kagome?" Taisho asked, noticing her looks.

She looked and gave him a nod. "Yeah." She said, smiling at him, "I'm alright." Even though, she wasn't afraid of everything, especially she wasn't afraid of demons.

Then she heard footsteps coming towards them. Kagome recognized the other Taisho but a younger Taisho. She could tell she saw a frown look on his face. She knew it was Sesshomaru.

"You again?" Sesshomaru first responded to her. Suddenly, he noticed Kagome was half naked and he realized something terrible happened to her. But although he figured his father had saved her.

"Ah, Sesshomaru. You knew this young woman?" Taisho asked with a smile.

"Yes. We just met a few hours ago." Sesshomaru said. He looked over and glared at Taisho slightly, "Father, Mother will be furious when she finds out that you had brought a human here."

"Well, Kagome, since you have known my son, he is the heir of the Western Kingdom," Taisho said, ignoring Sesshomaru's warnings.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, Lord Sesshomaru," Kagome said as bowed down. Taisho wasn't expecting that Kagome would bow to Sesshomaru. He thought she wouldn't know much about how to act around royalty. Maybe, humans in the future know about royal behavior.

"You don't have to bow down to me. At least you knew how to respect those above them." Sesshomaru said, "Since we met once again, I needed you to know that my mother still despised humans like I do."

"Sesshomaru, Kagome is a guest here. You and your mother will not harm her or belittle her. Is that understood?" Taisho said, giving Sesshomaru a stern look. He knew that Sesshomaru would disobey him even if he told him not to harm her. He didn't trust Sesshomaru at the moment and so was Sesshomaru's mother as well.

For now, he was going to have someone to look after Kagome. Then he heard footsteps coming towards them. He saw a demon cat running towards him.

"What is it, Kitana?" Taisho asked.