Chapter Two : The SandBag Effect

ARRINDALE UNIVERSITY ACADEMY

The next day, Carmen and I are outside of the Arts&Crafts room, gently taking down our oil pastel and abstract paintings.

"So, Carmen, what are you gonna do after you graduate college academy?" I asked.

"I'm gonna continue Art. Open up a small Arts&Crafts shop. Grayson even said that he's gonna sell his truck so, I get started on my own Arts&Crafts shop." Carmen tells me.

"That is so generously sweet of him. Grayson's a good boyfriend." I said to Carmen.

Carmen small smiles to herself. "Yeah, he is. And he even makes me laugh and smile when I don't want to."

"I'm really happy for you, Carmen. I really am." I said to her.

"Yeah, I am too." Carmen said.

"And by the way, what's gonna be your Arts&Crafts shop name?" I asked her.

" 'Carmen's Arts&Crafts Shop'." Carmen tells me.

"Sounds Interesting." I said.

"Yeah." Carmen said.

At his locker, Jonny Zuko is wearing his T-Eagles leather jacket with college clothes, organizing his backpack.

Prudence Rivera slowly saunters up beside him. "Hey, Zuko."

Jonny looks at Prudence. "What are you doing here, Prudence?"

"I just wanted to say "Hi" to you." Prudence replied. "So, graduation is a few days away."

"Yeah, I am." Jonny said. "What do you want?"

"Oh, come on, Jonny Zuko..." Prudence said, gently trailing her finger up and down his chest. "... you know what I want."

"Aren't you dating Ricky Henson?" Jonny reminded her.

"Yeah, I am. But it doesn't stop Ricky from flirting with college girls. And so, I've got my little eye on you." Prudence said to him.

"I'm dating Violet." Jonny tells Prudence.

Prudence scoffs, annoyed. "Violet Olson? Oh, please? She's too sincere, even for you. What you need is to loosen up."

"And what you need to leave me alone." Jonny said to her.

"Fine then." Prudence said to him. "Violet Olson and her sincere Goody Sweetheart Girl reputation is not gonna be enough for you."

"I love Violet and I'm not gonna let anything come in between my relationship, so, do me a favor and leave me alone." Jonny tells Prudence.

Prudence walks away from him and Jonny closes his locker.

"I could file a restraining order against Prudence so, she can leave you alone." I suggested to Jonny.