Chapter Five : False

JEN'S MILK-O-SHAKE MALT SHOP DINER

The next day, Aaron and I are sitting in a booth table across from each other with our mugs of caramel latte and plates of mini pancakes and butter syrup.

"These mini pancakes are good." Aaron said, eating a bite out of from his fork.

"Yeah, I know." I said to him.

"So, are we gonna talk about it? Our kiss?" Aaron asked.

"I'm okay with it." I said to him with a small smile. "Are you?"

"Yeah, I'm okay with it." Aaron said.

Aaron and I exchange small smiles at each other. The diner door opens and Aaron looks up at Jonny and Monica. I follow his gaze at them as well.

"Hey, guys." Aaron greeted them with a small wave.

"Hey, Aaron." Jonny greeted back at him.

My phone buzzes on the booth table. I picks up my phone and looks at it.

Craig

I answer my phone. "Hey, Craig. What's up?"

"Violet? I have something on the SandBag serial killer. And turns out. There is no such thing as a SandBag serial killer." Craig tells me on the phone.

I become bewildered. "That's impossible."

"Same thing Me and Maggie said when Meredith told us." Craig said.

"What about the dead body that we saw with the pitchfork wounds in Dr. Miss. Feather's coroner office?" I asked.

"That dead body was a trick to make you, me and Maggie think that their was a serial killer." Craig said on the phone. "I think that someone has been toying with us, Violet."

"And I assume that the SandBag serial killer's lair is also fake?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it is." Craig said.

"But who would be toying with three special agents with a fake serial killer?" I asked.

"Don't know, but as of now, there's nothing quite much." Craig said.

"Okay, I'll see you around, Craig." I said to him.

"You too." Craig said, and hangs up his phone.

"Is everything okay?" Aaron asked me.

"Yeah, everything's fine." I reassured him with a small smile. "I gotta go."

"Okay." Aaron said.

I slides out of the booth table and walks away. And Jonny gets up from the diner counter.