There Might Be Something Outside Your Window

Gerard's P.O.V

The tour bus stopped in a secluded field. Looking out the window, I saw a old, run down, abandoned caravan. I climbed out the bus so I could stretch my legs. Mikey, Ray, Frank and Bob followed suit. Being on the bus all day is surprisingly tiring and boring as hell. It's good to get out and get fresh air.
"We're staying here tonight." Bryan Scheter, our band manager informed us.
We all cheered.
"Finally, a break." Mikey said, happily.
Bob pointed to the old caravan. "Is that the home of a serial killer?"
Frank laughed. "Nah. Probably the victims last home." He joked. "Maybe it's ghost still resides there. Or it's full of the victims rotting corpses."
"Gross, Frank." Ray said, laughing anyway.
I frowned as I caught a flash of something move inside.
I shushed the guys as I frowned and squinted to get a better look.
"What's up?" Mikey asked.
"I saw something." I said. Then I walked towards the old caravan.
The guys all followed. I stopped by the dirty window. Looking inside, it looked like someone left in a hurry. I scanned the interior. I just caught a glimpse of movement under the kitchen table. I headed for the door. It was unlocked so I opened it and walked in. I headed straight to the table. I crouched down and froze. Under the table was a young girl. She looked about twenty fiveish. She was wearing tatty clothes. No shoes or socks. Black jeans and a dirty white long sleeve t-shirt. She had really long black hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I'd ever seen. She was hugging her legs and staring at me, wide eyed. She was petrified.
I smiled at her. "Hey. My name's Gerard Way." I said, gently.
"Did you find something?" Mikey asked as he crouched beside me. "Oh my God." He exclaimed when he saw the girl.
I shushed him. "Go get me a blanket and tell the guys to stay back." I ordered. "She looks petrified."
Mikey nodded and left. I smiled back at the girl.
"Do you have a name, honey?" I asked.
She didn't respond.
"Are you alone?"
Still nothing.
"I won't hurt you, sweetheart." I stated. "I just want to help you."
She stared in silence for a while longer. Then she reached her hand to the dusty floor and wrote something with her finger. Moving her hand back when she'd done.
I looked down at what she'd wrote. It was one word. I frowned at her. "Velocity?" I asked. "What does that mean?"
She pointed to the word, then herself.
My eyes widened. "Your name?"
She nodded.
I smiled. "Velocity? That's a nice name." I told her. "Are you here alone?"
She wrote a 'yes' in the dust.
"How long have you been alone?"
She wrote '10'.
"Ten days?" I asked.
She shook her head, then wrote 'years'.
Ten fucking years? Jesus Christ. Poor girl.
"How have you kept alive?" I asked out loud.
'Hunted.' She wrote.
"You hunted?"
'Fish plant's'.
I frowned. "You've lived off fish and plant's?" I asked.
She nodded.
"Why are you alone? How old are you?"
'26' She wrote.
"So you've been alone since you were sixteen? Where's your parents?"
She frowned and looked down but didn't answer.
"Okay, you don't want to talk about it.' I said. "That's fine. But you can't stay here. Come with us?"
She shook her head.
I sighed. " My friends are safe." I told her. "The guy you saw earlier is my little brother, Mikey. There's five others. Bob , Ray, Frank, Brian and the driver, Alex. Bob's protective. Ray's like a Dad to us all. Even though I'm slightly older. Frank's a joker. Brian's pretty quiet unless he's giving out orders. Al keeps to himself. We're on tour. We're a band called My Chemical Romance. Bob's drums. Ray's lead guitar, Frank's rhythm guitar. Mikey's bass guitar and I'm the lead vocalist. We look out for each other and we look out for other people. I promise you that no one will harm you in any way."
Mikey walked in, quietly and passed me the blanket. Then he left.
I held my hand out for her. "Please. I can't leave you here."
She bit her bottom lip as she looked at me. Then she slowly moved towards me on her hands and knees. I wrapped the blanket around her and led her out.
The guys were leaned against the bus, watching us as we walked, slowly towards them. My arm around her waist. I stopped infront of the guys.
"That's Bob Bryar." I pointed to the guy with strawberry blonde hair. He nodded.
"That's Ray Toro or fro fro or princess fro." I pointed to the guy with a dark fro.
Ray smiled. " Hey."
"That midget is Frank Iero." I pointed to the short dark haired guy.
"Less of the midget." He said to me. Then he smiled at the girl. "Nice to meet you."
"You've already seen Mikey."
"Hello again." Mikey said.
"That guy's Brian Scehter." I pointed to a dark haired guy.
Brian smiled. "Pleasure to meet you."
"Guy's, this is Velocity." I told them. "She's been here, alone, since she was sixteen. I thought it would be okay for her to join us. If that's okay."
"Of course." Bob said.
Everyone else agreed, so I led her onto the bus.
" If you like, you can shower and change while I get you something to eat." I said.
She looked around, then back at me and nodded.
" Okay." I said as I led her to the shower cubicle. "I'll grab you some of my clothes while you shower. I'll give you them when your ready."
I left her to shower and searched my clothes. I settled on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black misfits t-shirt, a pair of unopened black boxers and a pair of plain black socks. We'll have to buy shoes later.

After the shower and food, we all sat in the lounge area while Ray sorted Velocity's hair. Cutting off the split ends and brushing it as she sat close to me.
"This hair is beautiful.' Ray commented. "So long and unbelievably soft. Considering you've been without toiletries for ten years."
When Ray finished, I told them everything I said to Velocity and how and what she answered. By the time I was finished, she was asleep with her head on my lap. Her legs were on Ray.

Notes

Just thought I'd get this idea out there. Should I continue?xxx