Then We Just, Then We Just, Then We Just

Gerard's P.O.V

I woke to Ray calling me and Velocity.
"I need to talk to everyone in the lounge." He said, then headed that way.

Velocity sat on my lap as Ray sat beside us, the others sat across from us. Velocity watched him with curiosity as she rested her head on my shoulder.
Ray smiled at her. She smiled back.
"Okay, guys." Ray started. "I got curious about the hotel. The structure is amazing."
Velocity gripped my hand and held it close to her stomach.
"So I spoke to the doorman. I thought maybe I could get some history about it. I found out some really interesting things." He looked around us. He finally rested his eyes on Velocity. "It's apparently haunted by the six construction guy's that died during the building. But the doorman was most worried about......Jonathan."
I frowned. "You promised Vel...." I started, angrily.
Ray shook his head, his fro bobbing with the movement. "I spoke to the doorman." He pointed out. "He volunteered the information. I just wanted to know why he was worried about the old guy."
Velocity took in a shaky breath. "A...and?"
I kissed her on the head. If she's okay with this, so am I.
"Apparently." Ray started. "Jonathan and his wife, Crystal, have spent ten years searching for their grandchild. Jonathan re-evaluated his life and decided to visit his daughter and try to make things up to her. He realized what a bastard he'd been. But when he got there, the house had been burnt to the ground. Only one body was found."
"Mum." Velocity said, quietly.
Ray nodded. "Your mum." He confirmed. "He assumed that your Dad had killed her and took off with you. So he's had people out looking for you both."
"You spoke to him, didn't you?" I said through gritted teeth.
Ray sighed. "Yeah. But I didn't tell him anything till I was sure."
"You promised." I said, angrily. "Vel trusted you..."
Velocity sat up and turned to look in my eyes. "I still t...trust him." She pointed out. "H...He was j...just trying to h...help."
I stroked her hair with my free hand. "You sure, baby?" I asked. "I'm here whatever way you want to do this."
She smiled. "I know, G...Gee." She held my hand to her cheek. "Ray w...wouldn't do a...anything that could h...hurt me. I t....trust him."
I smiled. "Okay." I looked back at Ray as Vel went back to her previous position. "Continue."
Ray smiled. "Thank you, Vel." He said, softly. "Your completely right. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. Ever. That's why I had to check them out first." He pointed out. "They both are so frail and miserable. Everyone around this place, knows them. I asked around before I got back to them. Everything they told me was true. They've spent millions of dollars looking for you. Crystal broke down when she realized what you'd been through. Jonathan wasn't far behind her. When I told them you have a boyfriend, Jonathan went straight to protective mode. Until I told him that Gerard had saved you and that your everything to him. Now they want to meet us all together."
"W....when? W....where?" Velocity asked, quietly.
I rubbed her back, soothingly. "You sure you want to do this, baby?"
She sat up to look at me. "E...everyone will b...be there?"
I smiled. "I know I will be."
Mikey moved to sit on the floor beside Velocity. "There's no way I'm leaving you to deal with this without me."
Velocity smiled as she grabbed his hand.
"I'm there, baby." Frank added.
"Just try to stop me being there." Bryan said.
"I need to be there to protect little Frankie boy." Bob laughed.
Frank frowned at him. "Less of the little." He pouted. "And I can protect myself."
Bob grinned. "Sure you can, short stack."
Frank flipped him off.
We all laughed.
"So where and when?" I asked Ray after we'd all calmed down.
"They wanted to meet in the hotel as soon as we'd discussed it." He pointed out. "I said here would be best. But not today. I told them tomorrow afternoon. Bout three. Is that okay with you, honey?" He asked Vel.
Vel nodded agreement.

Time Lapse>>>>>>>>>>

1:00am next morning.

Velocity had finally drifted to sleep about half an hour ago. But I couldn't sleep. I was worried about how she was going to cope. I know we're all going to be there. But she's vulnerable. I don't know if she'll be able to cope if they do hurt her. So I'm not leaving her side for even a second. I will protect her with my life. Whatever it takes to keep her safe.

It took me another hour to actually get to sleep. I was too worried. I was picturing different scenarios. Jonathan turning up with a army of body guard's and taking Vel away. Jonathan gaining her trust, then hurting her. But I won't let any of that happen. We're in a tour bus. If he tries anything, then we'll just go.

Notes

Update at last.
Love as always. xxx