And If Their Heaven Ain't Got A Vacancy

Gerard's P.O.V

Time Lapse>>>>>>>>>>

Next day.

Velocity sat beside me, her head on my shoulder as Brian announced that the hotel had overbooked and now had no vacancies. So it's another night in the bus. Unless he can find another hotel.
"Seem as we were here last, A Touch Of Heaven had to turn us away."
Velocity sat up straight and looked at Brian with wide, scared eyes.
I grabbed her hand. "What's wrong, Vel?" I asked.
"M...my g...grandad o...owned that h...hotel." She informed me as she looked back at me. "Jonathan C...Cole."
"He still owns it." Brian added. "He's behind the front desk now."
Velocity looked at him.
"We should let him know your alive."
Velocity shook her head. Fear all over her face. "NO." She screamed. Then she fled the room.
Everyone looked shocked as I stood up and rushed to my bunk where Velocity sat, shaking, hugging her knees to her chest and her forehead on her knees. Her back was to me.
"Vel, baby?" I said, softly, as I climbed onto the bunk behind her. I moved to lean against the bunk wall, by the pillows, and put a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong, honey?"
She moved to rest her head on my chest, hugging me tightly. "Don't let him g...get me." She said, quietly.
I wrapped my arm's around her. "He's your grandad, sweetheart." I pointed out as I rubbed her back. "Why would he hurt you?"
She gripped me tighter as footsteps approached the bunk. Mikey came into view. Ray right behind him. Then Frank, Bob and lastly, Brian.
"We were worried." Mikey pointed out. "Is Velocity okay?"
I stroked Velocity's hair back from her face and lifted her chin so I could see her face. She looked terrified. "Talk to us, baby." I said, softly, as the guy's found places to sit. "Let us help you, please."
She looked at me for a few minutes before she turned in my arm's to face everyone. She made sure to keep a tight grip around my waist. She looked at each of the guys. Mikey sat beside me. Ray sat at the bottom of the bunk. The others sat on the bunk across from ours.
Velocity looked back at me. I smiled as I stroked her cheek with the back of my fingers. "It's okay, honey. We won't let anyone hurt you. I promise." I assured her.
She grabbed my hand and rested her cheek on my chest as she faced Mikey. She released my waist to hold my hand in both of hers and rested them on her knees. "Gr....Grandad was t...the one who p...put the p...pre wedding c...contract together." She started. "H...he made s...sure that I...if anything h...happened between m...mum and d...dad, dad would g...get only a l...little of the m...money. H...he hated m...me because I was the d...daughter of the man w...who took his g...girl away from him." She bit her bottom lip and looked down at our hands.
"Did he actually say that?" Mikey asked.
Velocity shook her head. "No. B...but mum t...told him she w...was pregnant..." She paused to brush a stray hair behind her ear. "...H...he told her t...to get a a....abortion. When she r...refused, he disowned h...her."
"What a arsehole." Bob sneered.
"That bastard should be put in his place." Ray snapped, standing up. "He can't get away with that."
Velocity rushed forward and grabbed Ray's hand. He turned to look at her.
"D...Don't, Ray. Please." She pleaded, tears running down her cheeks. "H..he'll have his g...guard's h..hurt you." She pulled his hand. "I d...don't want y...you hurt. Please."
Ray softened up as he sat back down and hugged her. "Sush, sweetheart." He soothed as he rubbed her back. "I won't go. I promise."
"I could go." Bob suggested.
Velocity snapped her head round to look at him. Fear on her face. "No." She cried, shaking her head. "I d..don't want him t....to hurt a...any of you." She looked around at Frank, Brian and Mikey. "Please. D...Don't any of you go n...near him. H...he'll hurt you. I c...can't lose y...you." She looked back at me. "Please, Gerard. I...I can't lose y...you."
I reached forward and pulled her into my arm's. "We won't go near him." I said as the guy's joined the hug. "We all promise. Right, guy's?"
They all agreed as each in turn kissed her on the head.
Everyone laid down behind Velocity. Mikey directly behind her. Even Bob. It was a very tight squeeze. But we managed it somehow. After about twenty minutes, Velocity drifted to sleep. The guy's left the bunk, kissing her head before they disappeared into the lounge area. I stayed cuddled up to her and soon fell asleep myself.

Rays P.O.V

I walked towards the hotel. I'd no intention of breaking the promise. I just wanted to talk to the staff about the hotel.
I approached a blond door man. "Hey." I greated him.
"Hi." He replied. "How can I help you?"
I leaned against the wall. "I just wanted to know about the hotel." I said, honestly. "When it was built. Who built it. It's origins. It's quite impressive."
The door man smiled. "It is." He confirmed. "It was built in 1835 by a ancestor of the Cole family. Montgomery Cole the third. Apparently, six people died during construction."
I drew in a breath. "Wow."
"Exactly what I thought when I was told about it." He admitted. "Two fell off the scaffolding. One was impaled by a pole when it slipped. One had a pile of bricks squash him. One was murdered by another worker and the last died of a heart attack. The place is haunted by the poor guy's."
I raised my eyebrows. "You ever seen one of the ghosts?" I asked.
He shook his head. "Not as yet." He admitted. "But the owner himself told me he has. Jonathan Cole saw a guy being stabbed by nothing. The guy fell to the floor then vanished."
"What's the owner like?" I asked. Curiosity getting the better of me.
The door man smiled. "He's a great guy." He said. Then sighed. "But he's not been happy for a long time."
I frowned. "Why?"
The guy sighed again. "You can tell your not from around here. Jonathan made a mistake over twenty-six years ago. He disowned his daughter because she married a low life. Ten years ago he made the decision to sort things out with her. He went to her house to find a burnt out ruin. A body was found. It was his daughter. But they never found the husband or his grand child. He found out his grand child was a girl. He paid out for several detectives to find her. No luck. People believe the dad took her after he stabbed his wife to death and set the house on fire. But Jonathan and his wife, Crystal, won't give in. They're determined to find her and make up for their lack of time."
"Fuck." I cursed, looking back at the tour bus. "I need to speak to him."

Ten minutes later, I was sat on a couch in Jonathan's office. Jonathan and his wife were sat on the couch across from me.
"How can I help you?" The grey haired old man asked. He looked frail.
"Jakob, our door man, said you may have some information about our grandchild." The equally frail old woman added.
I nodded. "She's scared of you." I admitted.
Jonathan froze. "You've spoke to her?"
Crystal smiled. "What is she like?" She asked, excitedly. "What does she do? Where is she?"
I put my hand up and frowned. "I have to protect her." I stated. "Before I tell you anything, I have to be sure she'll be safe. She's very important to my friends and me."
Jonathan frowned. "Why would she need protecting?"
"Because her Dad already tried to kill her."
Crystal put her hand over her mouth and let out a sob.
"What?" Jonathan said through gritted teeth. "I'll fucking kill him."
I shook my head. "He's already dead." I informed him. "He died whilst chasing your granddaughter on her 16th birthday. After he murdered Joline. He fell off a cliff. The knife he used to kill your daughter stuck in his neck."
Jonathan snarled. "Deserved it." His face softened as he looked at me. "What happened to our grandchild?"
"She wondered around for a while. Then she found an abandoned caravan. She survived off fish and plants. Then she was found a couple of weeks ago."
Realisation hit them both at the same time. Crystal began to cry. Jonathan hugged her as he looked at me in shock. "She survived...alone....in the wild....for ten years?"
I nodded and watched as they fought to calm themselves down.
"If only I wasn't such a stubborn, heartless bastard back then." Jonathan frowned, tears falling down his face. "That poor girl would never have gone through that. I am such a waste of bones."
I decided to try to calm them a little. "If it helps, she has a boyfriend now."
Jonathan frowned at me."He better not hurt her or I'll..."
I shook my head. "He would never hurt her. It was him that found her and saved her."
Jonathan smiled. "I would like to meet him and thank him in person."
I smiled back. These two looked genuine. I've never been wrong before. "Your granddaughter is called Velocity Starr." I informed them.
Crystal smiled. "That is a beautiful name. Velocity."
"The guy who saved her is Gerard Way."
Jonathan's smile widened. "This Gerard Way is welcome here any time."
I laughed. "I'm so glad you said that because Velocity won't go anywhere without him."

Notes

Update for this story's biggest fan. My partner in crime, Landon. Love you, son. xxx