Chapter 14

The end of the year was approaching and Katie had started forcing the others not only to do homework with her, but also to study, since the exams were due at the end of the year (at least that's what Katie said).

The teachers piled more and more homework on the students, and Tia despaired after realizing that she might even fail in charms and transfiguration because she barely managed to cast a simple spell. Luckily, Katie and Leanne had assured her that they would help her wherever they could. After Katie was excellent in charms and all theoretical subjects like history of magic, while Leanne really got the hang of transfiguration and always learned the spells fastest in class.

Katie had kidnapped her to the library and was trying to teach her how it worked to make something float when Fred and George entered the library.

Tia smelled them before she saw them, and she heard them whisper softly.

"Hey, if that's not the chili girl!"exclaimed Fred when he saw her. "What brings you both to the library on such a beautiful day?"

"A good question – what do we actually do in the library? We'd better enjoy the sun outside, shouldn't we? It seems like I haven't seen the sun in years!" sighed Tia longingly, but Katie just looked at her sternly.

"Nice try, Tara, but you won't leave this library until you've learned magic." Katie warned her and with a groan, Tia lowered her head onto the table.

"I see – the hard-working first years still want to write good grades." George guessed. "Do you remember how they learned as much in our class last year and every three seconds someone had a panic attack?"

"I doubt anyone picked up a book this year." Fred agreed. "Don't freak yourself out – the exams are easier than you think."

"I don't want to write good grades – I just want to get through." Tia sighed and raised her head again. At least I understand potions. Snape said if I didn't miss it completely, I would pass the exam."

"Snape said that?" repeated George, bewildered. "What spell did you cast on him?"

"With none – Tia can't do spells." Katie reminded them, and Tia sighed again.

"Problems in charms?" asked Fred.

"Problems in charms, transfiguration and Herbology, as well as in history of magic and astronomy." Tia corrected him. "I'm the last rivet in school! I don't understand why I'm a witch! I can't cast even the simplest spells – how am I ever going to make it to the seventh class?"

"Shh." Katie stroked her back. "You're having another panic attack. Just keep breathing – in and out. On and on."

Tia calmed down, and the twins looked at each other and seemed to come to a silent agreement.

"The best way to learn all this is not in the dusty library, but outside." George helped Tia up from the chair, who looked confused, just let herself be pulled along.

"What?" she said, but Katie had already started complaining.

"Hey! We're learning here!"

"Now we're learning outside – came along." Fred pulled Katie with him, and Tia just let herself be dragged along. In fact, Fred and George took them outside to the open field in front of the Forbidden Forest.

"What are we doing here? What are you two up to again?" asked Katie suspiciously, but Tia had given up questioning them and waited patiently for the twins to finally reveal what they were really up to.

"We're learning – the Weasley way." George finally solved the mystery.

Tia and Katie looked at each other before they both started giggling almost in sync.