Chapter 21

Tia thought it was a little too loud, but for Katie, she would survive the noise at the first Quidditch game of the season – Gryffindor vs. Slytherin.

After the chaos on Halloween, when a troll supposedly broke into the castle, Tia really needed a little distraction and even though she wasn't really a Quidditch fan, she was a fan of Katie, who had been nervous all morning.

Gryffindor and Slytherin met in the middle – Tia saw Katie walking behind Angelina and Alicia, the three proud Chasers.

Wood shook the Slytherin captain's hand, and the players mounted their brooms.

Madam Hooch, the referee, blew her whistle and the game began.

Leanne screamed loudly in Tia's ear as Katie flew into the air.

"And Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor immediately takes over the Quaffle – what a brilliant Chaser this girl is, and rather attractive, too-"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

Lee Jordan always commented on the games at Hogwarts a little differently than Tia was used from Muggle speakers and probably differently than commentators in the wizarding world, but she and many others weren't bothered by this particular comment – only McGonagall didn't seem to like it.

"And hits the ball up there, now a clean pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good discover by Oliver Wood, last year still on the reserve bench – again to Johnson and – no, Slytherin now has the Quaffle, their captain Marcus Flint gets it and takes off with it – Flint flies around up there like an eagle – he's about to make a go... – no, a brilliant save by Gryffindor Keeper Wood stops him, and now the Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor-"

"Let's go, Katie! Don't disappoint us! We believe in you!" Leanne shouted.

"You can do it!" Tia shouted enthusiastically when her friend got her hands on the Quaffle.

"-elegantly she has dived under Flint, and quickly she chases across the field and - OW - that must have hurt, a bludger hits her in the neck-"

"BUH!" yelled Leanne.

"I hope she didn't hurt herself." Tia hoped, but Katie quickly regained her composure and flew on, seemingly unharmed, but ambitious.

"-the Quaffle now back at the Slytherins - that's Adrian Pucey, who flies off towards the goal posts, but a second bludger stops him - sent by Fred and George Weasley, I just can't tell them apart - good play from the Beater of the Gryffindors anyway -"

"It was George - I saw it." Tia informed her friend, who looked at her confused.

"I can't tell if it's Slytherins or Gryffindors up there - how can you tell the twins apart?" Leanne asked, confused, squinting her eyes out Tia's trick herself.

"I just see it -  my eyes are just good." Tia shrugged.

"Says the one, with glasses." Leanne snorted, unconvinced.

"Johnson back in Quaffle possession, now has free rein, and she's gone - literally flies - dodges a quick bludger - there are already the goal posts - yes, throw it in, Angelina - Keeper Bletchley, dives, misses the Quaffle - and GOAL FOR GRYFFINDOR!"

"Yes!" Tia shouted, jumped up and hugged Leanne tightly.

"I can't breathe, girl!" Leanne complained.

Other Gryffindors around her also cheered loudly, so it hurt Tia's ears, but for this moment she endured the pain.

"Slytherin in possession. Chaser Pucey ducks two bludgers, from the two Weasley's, and Chaser Bell speeds towards the - wait a moment - was that the Snitch?"