Chapter 20

"Harry Potter? Really?" repeated Leanne incredulously. "Isn't he a first year? Are first years allowed on the team at all?"

"Apparently, McGonagall personally suggested him – something with a first flying lesson and a ball, but I didn't get it exactly." Katie said. "In any case, Wood was glad to have found a seeker at all. I haven't seen him fly and neither has Wood, but if McGonagall likes him, it must mean something."

"Probably, yes." Leanne murmured. "In any case, I'm glad to be your friend – I don't think anyone knows this rumor yet!"

"You mustn't tell anyone! Wood wants to keep him as a surprise." Katie warned her.

"Too bad." Leanne sighed in disappointment.

"I hope that's what Harry really wants." Tia hoped.

"Of course he wants to! Who doesn't want to join the team?" exclaimed Katie.

"People who don't like playing Quidditch?" suggested Leanne, and Katie looked at her warningly.

"I mean that he already gets so much attention from everyone anyway that maybe he can't cope with more and plunges into the depths of despair and perpetual loneliness because he can't really trust anyone anymore." Tia explained, and for a moment, there was a silence between the friends.

"No." Katie waved off. "He's coping. Fred and George make sure of that. The two seemed enthusiastic about him. He is also friends with their brother. Angelina and Alicia were also happy  to find a seeker – I don't think they really cared about that it was Harry Potter."

"I hope so for him." Tia smiled. "After all, he deserves a normal life."

|~|

Katie's first training session was a big excitement for the new player. The first time, she wouldn't play with her dad but with other players in a team, and she hoped she would settle in as well as she did with her father.

Leanne would have preferred to spend the afternoon at the castle – some Ravenclaw girls her age had planned a small party to celebrate a birthday, but after Tia convinced her to come down to the pitch to support Katie, she came along.

"Thank you for coming with me." Katie said excitedly on the way to the pitch. "You didn't have to do that."

"That's no problem, Katie – we're your friends, we won't leave you alone at your first training!" Tia assured her and smiled at Leanne, who seemed a little dissatisfied at first, but then smiled as well.

"Tia is right." she said. "It's your first training session – we have to be there when you embarrass yourself!"

"Katie won't embarrass herself! She will fly wonderfully, as always." Tia quickly corrected her.

"You're both good friends, thank you." Katie smiled.

At the pitch, the two girls sat down on the benches while Katie went to change, but they weren't the only ones watching the training, but a red-haired Gryffindor was also sitting there watching Wood, who was already nervously flying back and forth in the air.

Tia recognized him as Ron Weasley, and she believed he was watching Harry Potter during his first training.

Leanne and Tia sat down not far from him, and he noticed them, looked at them confused for a moment before asking: "Are you here because of Fred and George?"

"Ha!" laughed Leanne out loud. "As if! I don't voluntarily be in the cold for these two clowns!"

"Don't be so mean, Leanne. He asked kindly." Tie reprimanded her friend. "Actually, we're because of Katie – it's also her first training as a chaser!"