Plasmasonic#1: Forget me not

PAGE 1 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: NORTH CENTRAL DISTRICT
INT. OVERLOOK; NEIGHBORHOOD PARK – AFTERNOON

TO̅MI PERFORMS A SOMERSAULT FROM THE MONKEY BARS AND LANDS ON HER FEET ON A MAT.

Panel 2.

A COUPLE OF KIDS AND THEIR MOTHER APPLAUD TO̅MI FOR HER GRACEFUL LANDING AND SHE WALKS OVER TO THE BENCH WHERE THEY'RE SITTING.

TURNER: (BALLOON)
That was awesome, To̅mi!

MORGAN: (BALLOON)
Are you gonna go to the Olympics one day?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
To be honest with you, going to the Olympics would be awesome! However, the Olympics would take up a lot of my time. I have some other endeavors I'm focusing on at the moment, it could make me rusty in both if I wasn't going to put the time into it.

Panel 3.

MORGAN FIST PUMPS WHILE SHE LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN EXCITED EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS UP INTO THE AIR WITH A THOUGHTFUL EXPRESSION. EMILY HAS AN AWKWARD EXPRESSION.

MORGAN: (BALLOON)
No way, you rock! You can do anything, To̅mi!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
You think so?

KENDRA: (BALLOON)
I'm afraid you've gotten them all riled up, To̅mi. With these two they'd likely petition to see you compete on a stage like that.

Panel 4.

TURNER LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN ECSTATIC EXPRESSION. MORGAN SIDE-EYE GLANCES AT TURNER WITH AN EMBARRASSED EXPRESSION AT THE FACT THAT TURNER DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A PETITION IS. TO̅MI SCRATCHES HER HEAD WITH AN EMBARRASSED EXPRESSION.

TURNER: (BALLOON)
Yeah! You're so good you deserve a shot to get a gold medal! If they wouldn't let you do science and train, we'd get signatures to make them let you on the team!

MORGAN: (BALLOON)
That's what petition means, Turner.

TURNER: (BALLOON)
Oh.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Thanks anyway, Turner.

Panel 5.

KENRA DRAPES HER ARMS OVER TURNER AND MORGAN IN A LOVING EXPRESSION. TURNER LOOKS AT KENDRA WITH AN EMBARRASSED AND PLEADING EXPRESSION.

KENDRA: (BALLOON)
Well, we better get home. You guys have got to finish your homework, take a bath, eat, and—!

TURNER: (BALLOON)
Please Mom, just a little bit longer!

KENDRA: (BALLOON)
No, we can't. You especially. It's so hard to get you wound down in the evening. If you didn't crash, I'd believe you'd stay up all night.

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

OVER THE SHOULDER PERSPECTIVE FROM KENDRA, TURNER, AND MORGAN'S PERSPECTIVE LOOKING AT TO̅MI WHO GIVES THEM A SASSY LOOK THAT SAYS THEY SHOULD LISTEN TO KENDRA.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I've got to get home too. I've got some projects that I've got to work on.

KENDRA: (BALLOON)
See, not only is To̅mi an amazing athlete, but she's also an amazing role model.

MORGAN: (BALLOON)
Will you come and visit us soon? I wanna make another craft with you!

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Yeah, I'll be back over as soon as I can.

TURNER: (BALLOON)
I've got a new game to show you too!

Panel 2.

TO̅MI RUFFLES TURNER'S HAIR IN A PLAYFUL GESTURE.