Plasmasonic#10: Thole

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
INT. THE MORNING GLORY - NIGHT

AS TO̅MI ARRIVES ON THE THIRD STORY OF THE MORNING GLORY SHE ENCOUNTERS LETICIA WHO STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM PATIENTLY WAITING WITH HER HANDS RESTING ON HER MACE.

Panel 2.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH AN EXAMINING EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (THINKING BALLOON)
Is she going to just stand there? I remember last time she was more than happy to try and ambush me. I wonder what her game plan will be this time around.

Panel 3.

TO̅MI AND LETICIA GLANCE AT ONE ANOTHER AND LOCK IN ON ONE ANOTHER.

Panel 4.

SPLIT PANEL OF LETICIA GLARING AT TO̅MI WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION WHILE TO̅MI SMIRKS WITH A DETERMINED EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Maybe I should say something, try and throw her off.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
The others had made moves by now. I wonder what you could be planning.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
...You've gone as far as you can go. If you don't give up, I can't be held liable for what happens to you next.

Panel 5.

TO̅MI CONTINUES TO SMIRK AT LETICIA WITH A MISCHIEVOUS EXPRESSION.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
What would that be?

Panel 6.

LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN EXASPERATED AND IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Defeating you and handing you over to Mirabelle. What else?  

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION. LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH DISDAIN.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
Would it be too much to ask you to allow me to pass? You don't even seem like you want the confrontation.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
It would be more trouble than it's worth. I wish that you would just give it up.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I can't do that.

Panel 2.

LETICIA LOOKS AT TO̅MI WITH AN INCREDULOUS EXPRESSION. TO̅MI LOOKS AT LETICIA WITH A DIRECT EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
Oh, would you listen to yourself? You absolutely can. How warranted is your cause anyway? Freedom; it's laughable. Think of what Mirabelle has provided. What she keeps us safe from and you would seek to ruin that for what even?

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
I'm not trying to ruin anything. If anything I want to leave with my friend and with anyone else who wants to leave.

Panel 3.

LETICIA GESTURES TO THE MORNING GLORY AS WELL TO ALL OF VALLARONA WITH AN EXPLAINITORY EXPRESSION.

LETICIA: (BALLOON)
This place exists in a very intricate state. Have you ever stopped to consider that? It takes a lot to keep it running in the proper order. Asking Mirabelle to bring it all to a halt after all this time would endanger us all but you don't care about that, do you? As long as your needs are met your cause is just.

TO̅MI: (BALLOON)
And you mean to tell me there's to be no compromise? Surely by now, there's some solution she could have come up with. There has to be something that she can do! You wouldn't know that though because you're willing to fall on Mirabelle's word without question. You're like a robot.