Plasmasonic#8: Wild card

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.
CUT TO: VALLARONA, SPAIN
EXT. THE MORNING GLORY PLANT NURSERY - NIGHT

PALOMA WATERS SOME OF THE FLOWERS IN THE PLANT NURSERY.

Panel 2.

PALOMA HEARS SOMEONE APPROACHING FROM THE REAR.

Panel 3.

PALOMA TURNS TOWARD THE PERSON WITH AN EXPRESSION OF POSITIVE ANTICIPATION.

Panel 4.

PALOMA'S MOOD TURNS SOUR WHEN SHE FINDS BEATRIZ STANDING BEFORE HER.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Oh, Beatriz.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
Tending to your flowers?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
Someone has to. It's... peculiar seeing you here. Might I ask why you've dropped by?

Panel 5.

BEATRIZ LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH A SNARKY EXPRESSION. PALOMA LOOKS AT BEATRIZ WITH A CONFUSED / IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
What, I can't visit this place? I didn't know it was yours.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
What is your problem?

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
I might ask you the same thing. You can't sit there and act like we have no history.

Panel 6.

PALOMA LOOKS AWAY FROM BEATRIZ WITH A FRUSTRATED AND DISMISSIVE EXPRESSION. BEATRIZ LOOKS AT PALOMA WITH AN IRRITATED EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
What's happened between me and you transpired because of your temperament. You're the one who internalized everything and started the fighting.

PAGE 2 (FIVE PANELS)

Panel 1.

BEATRIZ POINTS AT PALOMA WITH A FURIOUS EXPRESSION. PALOMA LOOKS AT BEATRIZ WITH A FED-UP EXPRESSION.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
That's nothing but a lie! You tried to grandstand at the games, tried to make me look bad!

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
I was not! Me displaying my own talents don't downplay yours! Although, it could be said that my talent outshined yours just that much!

Panel 2.

BEATRIZ GROWLS WITH ANGER AT PALOMA.

Panel 3.

PALOMA SCOFFS AND CONTINUES TO WATER HER PLANTS.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
See there you go about to fly off the handle again. And over what, some light ribbing? You take yourself too seriously.

Panel 4.

BEATRIZ GLARES AT PALOMA WITH AN ANGRY EXPRESSION. PALOMA TRIES TO CONTINUE WATERING THE FLOWERS HOWEVER IT IS CLEAR THAT BEATRIZ IS ANNOYING HER.

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
That's because no one else does. Let me ask you something. How much did you train before the games?

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
It's in the past, Beatriz, you—!

BEATRIZ: (BALLOON)
So are lots of things and yet those who feel themselves important dwell on them.

Panel 5.

3/4TH PANEL SHOWS PALOMA TENDING TO A STINT ON A PLANT WITH AN EXASPERATED EXPRESSION.

PALOMA: (BALLOON)
...Maybe I didn't train as much as I should have.  

PAGE 3 (SIX PANELS)

Panel 1.

A HORIZONTAL PANEL SHOWS BEATRIZ WAVING HER HAND IN A SHOWY DISMISSIVE FASHION AT THE NURSERY. PALOMA LOOKS BACK AT BEATRIZ WITH AN INDIGNANT EXPRESSION.