LIII

Ryan

"Ryan!"

Blood splatters across the wall as bullets tear through the glass behind me, screaming of a little girl pierces my ear and my heart drops as I struggle to process the chaos in front of me.

"Run, Ryan! Run and don't look back."

He yells at me as tears form in my eyes before pushing me out of the way as a bullet struck him.

NINE HOURS EARLIER

No.

Hell no.

How dare he think I was just going to stay put and wait around for orders like I was a dog or something. I storm into the family room getting the attention of Luca, Marco and Mia.

"My god. Does she listen to no one around here?" Mia asks pointing towards me and rolling her eyes. I ignore her statement turning to Marco, "We have to do something. If what the Diaz Brothers said is true then we have to make a plan." I say honestly.

Marco sighs exhaustively turning away from the table in front of him and facing me, "We? Ryan, there is no we. There is just you and then there's us. This is a fight between my family, and the many people who have sought to tear us apart." He explains to me.

"He's right. Why are you even down here in the first place? Didn't Giovanni tell you guys to stay upstairs?" Luca adds causing me to roll my eyes.

"Does it look like I can stay upstairs when all of this is going on? I mean, it's you all can't be seriously okay with this. A rebellion? The seven of you against what? Hundreds?" I ask honestly.

Whatever they were planning it was probably stupid, probably going to get all of them killed. Maybe if they'd just listen to me, or hear my plan out then we could find a way.

"The seven of us will be okay. Go back upstairs." Marco tells me. Before I try and say anything else Luca motions that I'd just listen to him and let them finish whatever they were doing causing me to sigh.

I exit the hallway feeling helpless deciding maybe the best thing I could do was go upstairs when I heard the brothers conversation in the kitchen. I quickly approached the wall, standing close as I could towards the door to listen.

"I do not want to stand here and listen to you two pity me." I hear Giovanni say seriously as I noticed he was leaning against the dining table with his brothers standing at him from a distance.

"Pity? Is that what you think this is brother? You must calm down." Lorenzo states which causes Giovanni to chuckle.

There was nothing funny.

"This entire country is making a mockery out of us, out of our family, our father! And you want me to calm down?" He raises his voice, his eyes we're practically burning inferno.

"You don't have to pretend. We know why you're truly upset, brother." Oliver states and it causes a silence in the room.

What was he truly upset about? I peek into the kitchen more see Giovanni with a harden expression slowly soften, "We can't." He states.

"We don't have a choice." Lorenzo says.

Can't what? Choice to do what?

"He's right. We have to leave soon." Oliver states.

Leave?? What the fuck were they talking about? Giovanni eyes search in front of causing Lorenzo to approach him, "Giovanni...." He trails off causing Gio to look at him.