LVII

"Kyle, I can explain everything...." I trail off trying my best to explain myself and all the lies I ever told the man sitting in front of me. I watch as he eyes one of the guards sitting near us before looking back to me. 

I ignore the pain my wrist felt as they were bounded together by zip ties as if these were supposed to stop me from trying to get away. 

"Explain what? How this entire you've been lying to me. I mean Kiara isn't even your real name! The real reason you moved here wasn't to start over like you told me, you're an entirely different person with a fucked-up past. I-I mean you even got a child involved." Kyle lets out in a whisper. 

"Keep your voice down."

 I remind him that Ameila was only several seats down taking a nap with Alvaro near her, and the last thing I need was for him to hear anything I was trying to tell him. "Keep my voice down? Do you not even feel the least bit sorry? At least for me?" He asks me.

Already feeling worse than was. Of course, I do. But if he knew, he'd understand the reason I did all of the first place. Who was I kidding? I couldn't tell him anything, it'll put him in danger. More danger than he already was. 

"I do, okay. A-and I'm sorry that I got you involved but you don't understand what any of it. You could never understand what her or I went through to get to where we were today, okay. It was hell for her. For both of us." I tell him honestly. 

"Then make me understand what the hell is going on okay. I need you to talk to me. Tell me so I can think of a plan to help you." He tells me and I chew the inside of my lip, shaking my head knowing if Kyle was ever going to live to see the next day, it was best if he didn't know anything. 

"I can't, Kyle." 

"Why not? These people kidnapped you and her, and I'm pretty sure they have no intention of letting either of you go. Talk to me, Ki... Ryan, so I can help you, maybe we can just talk to them or something." He asked me, stopping himself from calling my name, and I shake my head before explaining the reason.

"It is because I care about you that I can't get you more involved than you already are, alright." I tell him and his expression softens. 

"Ryan-" I cut him off, "You don't get it. These people aren't good people, alright. So, talking to them isn't going to work. So, you have to promise me the second you get a chance to escape, you take it, and you don't look back." I tell him as serious as I was. 

"What? What about you? I'm not just going to leave you, or K... Ameila." He tells me. 

"Ameila and I will be fine, okay. They won't hurt us, but you Kyle, I don't know if I can protect you here." I trail off honestly. Of course, I knew I wouldn't be able too. There's probably a lot of things different since I escaped this place, I was sure that the only goal I had was trying to escape this place again.

Kyle narrows his brows at me, "I can protect myself. It isn't your job to take care of me. How about I make a plan, alright. Soon as he lands, we can find the authorizes and ask for help or something." He tells me and he still wasn't getting it.

"You don't get it. The authorizes? You mean the cops? They can't help us, not while were in the Romano territory, the only shot you have of getting out of here alive is if you leave." I tell him honestly, hoping he'd understand how serious this was. 

"I'm not going to jus..." I cut him off, "Yes, you are because if you don't you will die, Kyle. Do you understand me? I know how these people operate and how they think, they only plan to dispose of people they don't want or need. So, you have to promise me that you'll try to escape, please." I say and I was begging him with my eyes searching his, his expression softens looking at me.