Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

It's a running joke between everyone that Eunbi and Hyewon take any excuse to throw a party. Or a get-together. Or a soirée. The nomenclature usually depends on how many people are present and how expensive the champagne Eunbi decides to bestow upon them is.

Usually the reasons are perfectly valid; New Year's Eve, someone's birthday, Halloween, graduation. Sometimes they're clearly just an excuse for Eunbi and Hyewon to have people over and get drunk; a trivia night, Hyewon's favorite idol group had a comeback after five years of inactivity, it's Friday and Eunbi is bored.

This time happens to be the former; an engagement party, after Hyewon proposed to Eunbi on New Year's Eve while they were in Ansan over the holidays.

Somehow, despite the fact that they're all either actual adults with actual, grown-up jobs or almost actual adults with actual grown-up jobs — Chaewon, Kazuha and Wonyoung are all about to go into their fourth year of university; Yunjin starts a paid internship in a few weeks, on the production team for a small entertainment company that debuted a girl group last February which swept every Rookie of The Year award; Sakura teaches under-twelves at a local dance studio but has been contacted by a few entertainment companies after a few of the choreography videos she posted on YouTube went viral; Eunbi has finished law school and has successfully secured a position in one of Seoul's top law firms and Hyewon has started her own flourishing freelance photography business that, should she be interested, would have an opening for Chaewon next year after she graduates — they've found themselves playing the only party game stupider than spin the bottle.

"Yunjin," Minjeong begins, with a particularly evil glint in her eye. "Truth or dare."

"Truth."

Minjeong's smirk gets wider, and Chaewon groans, mentally preparing herself for some invasive question of a probable sexual nature. "If you had to have a threesome with any couple in this room, who would it be? And you're not allowed to pick Chaewon and someone else. No Chaewons allowed. You have to be the hypothetical third wheel to an actual couple."

Almost immediately, the entire group of people congregated around the large coffee table in Eunbi and Hyewon's living room started vying for Yunjin's attention. Liz and Rei are making kissy faces at her. Sakura has a disturbing look on her face that Chaewon thinks is supposed to be her bedroom eyes and Kazuha is giving her puppy-dog eyes. Hyewon is flexing while Eunbi is making a show of sliding the gigantic diamond off her finger. Wonyoung just shakes her head when Yunjin looks at her. Jimin hikes the bottom of her dress an inch or so up her thighs, and Minjeong undoes a button on her shirt. Yena takes a moment to remind Yunjin of just how much money she and Yuri will collectively be making once they're both finished with their respective degrees.

"Eunbi and Hyewon," Yunjin replies, instantly met with raucous laughter. "Sorry Yena, but they make all this money now. "

"Is that all we are to you?" Eunbi grumbles at the same time as Hyewon says, "Was it my biceps or my abs that swayed you?"

"I can't believe this betrayal," Sakura pouts. "I flirted with you for weeks when we first met."

"Did you?" Yunjin asks, sounding so surprised that there's no way she's faking it. "You told me your shirt was made of girlfriend mater— wait, that was you flirting? How on earth did you successfully seduce so many girls? Are your abs that distracting?"

"Yes," Kazuha says, sounding a bit disappointed with herself.

"I'm so proud, unnie," Wonyoung sighs, theatrically placing a hand over her heart and giving Yunjin a fond look. "Just over a year ago you couldn't even admit you were into girls and now you're propositioning a newly engaged couple while your girlfriend sits right next to you. That takes real balls, my friend."