Matthew Sturniolo- National Girlfriend Day

We are on the plane, heading out way to our vacation and Matt also said he had a surprise for me once we get there. We have been together for the past 4 years, he asked me out during our sophomore year in high school,   and he would always love to celebrate the minor holidays together, even if it's cheesy and that's one thing I love about him. "You good love?" He asked me while we were heading to grab our bags, we got them after a while of waiting, then we waited for a good minute before our Uber came,  we arrived at our hotel, and Matt helped me carry my bags to the room and I tried to help, but he wouldn't let me. He told me to change into my bathing suit, and I did. "Wow, you look stunning," He says looking at me putting on an oversized crewneck on top, I smiled and he grabs his sandals, grabs my hand, and heads towards the front, I haven't taken a minute to look around so, once we reached the show, all I saw was the ocean, and I was just amazed by how gorgeous it was. Matt held my hand throughout the walk, we reached the beach, and he placed down a big towel then he put his bag down, which brought our water bottles, along with our beach towels. I took off my crewneck and placed it on the towel, we played in the water for a good hour it seemed before heading back. I saw that Matt was looking in the bag for something, it was golden hour and he distracted me by saying that something is in the ocean even though there wasn't, but I still fell for it. 

"You lair, I don't see any..thing." I was blown away by what he had in front of me, it was a ring, a promise ring, a sliver with a heart shape on top with his birthstone on it,  "Matt.." I just sat there frozen, not knowing what to do or say. Matt gave me this big speech on how he is going to promise me some things, but mostly loving me no matter what happens between us. He took the gorgeous ring out of the box and placed it on my left hand on my ring finger. "Matt, it's beautiful oh my god."  He had the biggest smile on his face, "With your birthstone as well." I began to tear up, he pulled off the ring and showed me what was on the inside, "What is it?" I squint my eyes to see what it says, it says "I love you" and the day he asked me out, I burst into eyes and Matt chuckles, he cups my face and kisses me, I kiss him back and he asks if we wanted to go eat, I nodded cause I have to admit I am pretty hungry. I put back on the crewneck and grabbed my sandals, he swiped the sand off of us and packed the stuff up and we walked to the hotel, I asked for the box since I didn't want to ruin the ring while I was doing dishes and some stuff around the house when we go back home. "Who help you pick it out?" You asked him while walking to the restaurant. 

"To be honest, it was Nick." He looked at me, I nodded and smiled. "He said, you'll like how it has my birthstone and I came up with the date on the ring."  I cupped his face and kissed him, he turned red and giggled, and we headed to the restaurant, it wasn't as fancy but anything that has to deal with the best boyfriend ever, I am perfectly fine with. "Just two waters for now please." Matt said to the waiter, He and I talked about how we were at first to now, "Oh, can I take a picture for Nick and Chris? They wanted to see how you liked it and how it looked like."  I nodded and smiled at the picture, he smiled while taking the pictures, which made me smile even more and even bigger. "Perfect!" He later on, posts it on his story, and he really didn't show my face, due to fans and other people's opinions but I was surprised when I saw myself on his story. "Thank you. Babe be careful, it's hot." He told me while touching my plate, we ate our food while sharing our favorite moments about us. We finished and headed to the beach, we sat down and looked at the sky while hearing the ocean. 

"Mom!" I said shouting once I got inside the house, I put my stuff down and my mom came running towards me thinking I was in trouble. "He got me a promise ring," I said smiling and showing her my ring, she smiles. She hugged me and told me to invite Matt and his family over for some dinner. "See you later, please drive safely okay?" I hung up and went to put my stuff away and clean my clothes from the trip, "Hi!" I said to Matt's brother and his parents, "Where is Matt?" I asked confused, "Oh okay,"  I closed the door, "Well you guys can have a seat here or in the kitchen, dinner is about to be ready." I smiled and went into the kitchen and helped my mom, Matt's mom came in and helped, and later on, Nick joined. I filled them in on the trip and what Matt had planned for us while we were there. "Where's Matt?" I looked at my phone and saw he was late, which when it comes to family, he is never late. "Can you guys give me a minute?" I opened the sliding door and closed it behind me and headed to the picnic table. I tried calling Matt a couple of times but, it went straight to voice mail. "Matt, where are you?" I asked myself starting to panic a bit. I let out a sigh.

"Honey?" My mom called out for me, I turned around and saw Matt's family looking out the window, I got up and walked towards my mom, suddenly everyone burst into tears, "Matt has been in a car crash, he's fine they are doing surgery on him right now." My mom said to me, but it felt like the words came from one ear to the other, I didn't hear anything she said, I just remember grabbing my car keys and driving to the hospital right away. Matt's family and my mom came in after a few minutes, I got there. I sat in the waiting room waiting for the results of his surgery. We stood up when we heard the doctor call his name out, I held onto Chris's arm, "Thank you, lord!" My mom shouted, I hugged Chris and the doctor said he would need a few more hours before we headed to see him. Some time passed, and I didn't leave the hospital, no one really did. We were all so nervous and scared, I passed on Nick's shoulder and he had his head on top of mine, "Come on honey, we can see him now. Wake up." My mom told me and Nick, I rubbed my eyes and got up, I looked into the room and saw him greeting everyone. 

"Who are you?" Matt asked while giving me a confused face, I looked back at my mom and he repeated the same question but it was towards her this time, my heart shattered into millions of pieces, if you tried to put it back together, you didn't know where the pieces went.