Chapter 16: Morning After

Behind my closed lids, the dance of bright light announced that the sun had risen, signalling the arrival of a new day. I stretched like a lazy kitten, feeling immensely happy about the pleasant sensation my body gave me despite my near-death experience yesterday. Tranquillity was the word that described my mood as I turned around with a smile and opened my eyes to the new day.

My nose was nearly broken as I came inches from his rock-hard chin.

Ly was sleeping right beside me, and from the position of his hand, it seemed like we had been spooning before I gracefully turned 180 degrees, akin to a ballet dancer. His olive skin glistened under the golden sunrays that forced their way through the heavy drapes. Long lashes, a few shades darker than his hair, almost caressed his high cheekbones as Ly breathed rhythmically and deeply. His full lips were slightly opened, seemingly begging for kisses. Although, if my memory served me right, they had been exceedingly engaged by tracing and tasting my skin yesterday evening. A strand of his white hair made its way toward his closed eyes, causing his nose to twitch as it tickled him, disrupting his dreams. Gently, I moved it away with my index finger, hoping not to disturb him. Smiling softly at him, a sudden and unexplained warm peace came over me. His arm, resting on my waist, twitched, and its fingers tightened around my waist before relaxing; it was as if Ly's reflex was to keep me beside him even in his deep sleep.

My face flushed with burning warmth as scenes from last night played in my head, scenes that were undoubtedly beyond PG18+. What unfolds when emotions run high between consenting adults drawn to each other is genuinely remarkable. Glancing under the soft sheet covering my body, my blush only darkened when I saw that I was naked. As I tried to cover myself more by yanking at the fabric, the sheet wouldn't budge since Ly was partly lying on it. Apparently, there was only one, and we were sharing.

By Lys' slowly rising, bare chest, I could only guess what was hidden under the sheet covering him from the waist downwards. The ancient Roman sculptures that mimicked Greek bronze artworks would perfectly capture him in marble with drapery playfully draped low on his waist. A mere breeze in the wrong direction and everything could be exposed. I doubted that Lys' appendage would be as small as the Romans carved them in marble, only later to be covered with just a fig leaf by the Vatican's priests. Yesterday's brave exploration showed that he would need more than a little plant-based foliage to be concealed. My eyes lingered on the lower V of his torso, allowing my imagination to run wild. Still, I realized this ogling wasn't suitable for my heartbeat or the tranquillity I had woken up to. Swallowing the sudden surge of saliva, I glanced around the bed, hoping to find the answer to where my clothes were.

We didn't go all the way, did we? The last thing I remembered was his bite, and then... nothing? Is it possible to sleep over the whole thing?

My only attempt at having sex was in high school when I lost my virginity at sixteen; it was awkwardly quick and painful. The boy with whom I did the deed was not worth remembering. He was in the same state of inexperience as I was. After that not-so-good event, I was too busy with other things. Firstly, with caring for sick family and secondly, the results of working all the time. I was too tired to have sex and occupied with survival to indulge in my primal desires. However, I was not a clueless, blushing vestal virgin. My fingers did the job efficiently, as did my fantasies. I knew of things, and naturally, when I was older, I let my curiosity get the best of me and peeked behind the curtain that hides porn. Yet that was anything but realistic. I found nothing appealing in the faked reactions that the porn stars displayed. The industry was clearly more for men than women, so I quickly decided it was not for me.

Regardless, I had nothing to compare the last night's events to — not to my only experience with the deed or porn. So the question remained, did we or did we not?