The One Where She Has No Idea (Part 2)

Lisa's POV

The old couple immediately introduced us to their son, the actor, and Irene's dream guy Jinyoung. Wendy and I greeted him back but it seems like Irene was still too stunned to greet him back that Wendy took the initiative to get this simping dwarf out of her trance.

"A-ah h-hi! I'm Joohyun, Joohyun Bae." She said shakily as she extended her arm for a handshake.

The old couple looked at Irene with puzzled looks because Irene introduced herself to them with her name Irene Bae and not Joohyun Bae. Even Wendy was surprised at what she heard.

She knew Irene's birth name but she never heard her friend/ business partner introduced herself using that name.

Jinyoung: Hi Joo— wait. Joohyun Bae? You mean Joohyun Bae from the catechism camp? The one who always wears purple and who always brings her bunny stuffed toy at camp?

Irene: N-neh! That's me! Do you remember me?

My eyes went back and forth to Irene and Jinyoung who were both smiling from ear to ear.

I suddenly felt sick and felt a discomfort in my stomach that made me put my hand on my tummy and started caressing it. It caught Wendy's attention and immediately looked at me with a worried face.

"Hey Lis, are you okay?" Wendy asked in a whisper with so much concern.

I excused myself and made an alibi that I still needed to check something in the kitchen.

Wendy excused herself too and went to follow me. Instead of going straight to the kitchen tent, I went to the staff comfort room and put my head on the toilet as I started barfing all the food I ate.

After I'm done vomiting, I went straight to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror.

"She didn't even look at me." I whispered as the image of Irene lovingly staring at Jinyoung without looking at me, even after I excused myself, lingered in my head.

I took a sharp deep exhale before I washed my face, trying to shake this feeling that I always hate whenever I see my best friend with her past boyfriends and whenever she will mention Jinyoung's name when she's with me.

I've always known how I truly felt with my bestfriend since that night she kissed me on the lips during middle school while we were on their rooftop. That time, we just watched a romantic movie that kids our age shouldn't watch.

The kiss of the lead characters had stayed in Irene's mind. I couldn't forget how she was so eager to grow up faster so she could experience a kiss like that. She then suddenly cupped my face and gave me a peck on my lips.

I was so stunned by the sudden kiss but I remember how she shrugged it off like it was nothing. Like that kiss was nothing to her. Like it's just normal. She was just curious and I am the only one there she could try a kiss with.

However, that kiss was everything to me because that's when I realized I don't just love my bestfriend but I'm already falling in love with her.

I made my way out of the comfort room and was surprised to see Wendy waiting for me outside.

Wendy: You okay, Lis?

"Oh hey. Yeah, I'm fine. It's just indigestion, I guess."

Wendy: I don't think it's indigestion.

I immediately looked at her.

"It's an anxiety attack caused by jealousy, Lis." She added.