The One Where She Has No Idea (Part 3)

{4 years later}

Irene's POV

I was on my way downstairs when I heard the voices of my parents talking softly. I stop taking another step and quietly listen to their conversation.

Dad: Are the two of them still not talking?

Mom: I don't know, yeobo. Whenever I asked if Lisa finally called, her face would suddenly turn sour and started throwing tantrums.

Dad: I really miss that kid.

Mom: Me too. I have no one to fix the TV anymore whenever it won't show pictures and no one to tell me that I look beautifully younger day by day anymore.

I heaved a deep sigh and finally made it downstairs.

They immediately changed their topic as they seem to only talk about Lisa when I'm not around. I always catch them having a conversation about Lisa or about what happened to our friendship whenever they think I am not around.

I know they really miss her and honestly, I missed her more.

Ever since Jinyoung and I got together, I felt her slowly detaching herself from me. She would always find ways not to see me or even talk to me through the phone. Whenever I visit her in her restaurant, she pretends to be busy so I won't bother her while working.

Which is very unlikely of her.

In the past, no matter how busy or how many customers her restaurant had, she would always make time for me. She never gets tired of hearing my rants or my nonsense even if she's busy with work.

But when Jinyoung and I started dating, it all changed.

Everything I had with Lisa started to change. My relationship with my best friend started to crumble and I didn't know why. I tried talking to her if there was a problem between us but she would always deny it and pretend everything is okay between us.

She would always reassure me that everything between us is okay.

Even when I feel everything is not.

But after that night before she left for New Zealand, that's when everything between Lisa and I completely changed. The almost 2 decades of what my bestfriend and I have are completely gone.

I felt the other half of me was gone.

{Flashback}

I was fuming mad because the caterer Wendy and I hired for the party we were organizing suddenly bailed a day before the said party. Apparently, they're also catering for a client but when they found out they double booked for that day, they chose to cater for the other and bailed on us.

I have never been so stressed in my whole life.

I called every food service but no one wants to accept because there's not much time for them to prepare. I couldn't just cancel the party because everything is settled and ready and it's only the food caterer we're having problems with.

"Rene, our problem is solved!" I heard Wendy happily say by the door.

"What do you mean? You finally found a food catering service?"

Wendy: Yup!

She uttered proudly. I felt a sudden huge relief as I could finally breathe.

"Thank you, Wannie!" I could hug her right now out of happiness.