56

Jiang Shen can't laugh or cry.

This little fox of his family, no matter how he looks like a big monster when he casts spells, he is still a little fool at heart.

It was clearly discussed before going out just now.

"Hurry up, don't laugh." Li Ruan urged, frowning unhappily.

Jiang Shen coughed lightly, and said seriously, "Ask him first, if he knows what is the cause of the strange disease in the village."

Li Ruan looked at the village chief again, and asked the exact words.

Village head Li sat there, listening to the words, slowly shook his head: "I don't know."

Jiang Shen continued to ask: "Then do you know why the government locks up those patients?"

Village head Li still shook his head: " I don’t know.”

Jiang Shen frowned, and asked again: “I learned that the government is imprisoning patients without treatment, why didn’t I stop them, why didn’t I save them, and why did I help the government to hide the villagers?”

He asked several questions one after another, and Li After Ruan repeated it, he saw that Village Chief Li's expression changed.

The old man suddenly began to tremble all over, and his eyes were covered with red. He said in a trembling voice: "How to stop, how to save people, that's the official..."

Jiang Shen was startled.

That's right, they are just a group of ordinary people. They were even taken away because the young and middle-aged people in the village were sick, leaving only the old, weak, women and children at home.

Facing the government, how could they have the confidence to resist.

The vast majority of people can only choose to help the government hide it together in order to protect themselves and the only remaining family members like the boy in the village.

Jiang Shen closed his eyes.

He's still too limited.

The hand on the table was gently held by someone, Jiang Shen opened his eyes, and met the worried look of the young man.

"It's okay." Jiang Shen patted his hand, thought for a moment, and continued to ask: "So, before you reported to the government, you didn't expect that the government would lock them up." Village Chief Li: "...Yes.

"

Jiang Shen took a sip of his tea and fell silent again.

I don't know where the strange disease came from, I don't know why the government concealed the news, and even before reporting to the government, I didn't know that the government would do this.

This Village Chief Li, does he really know nothing?

Could it be that he guessed wrong?

No, not right.

How could he not know anything, he clearly—

Jiang Shen's eyes darkened, and he asked again: "Since you don't know where this strange disease comes from, why didn't you tell the villagers when you invited Cao Xianqing to treat the villagers?" All the symptoms? Why did you hide the illness of the villagers’ confusion?”

After hearing this question, Village Chief Li trembled again.

He trembled extremely violently, as if he was struggling with all his strength, trying to break free from something.