Eight

"Okay girls, let's take a break." the photographer said and dismissed the girls.

Irene and the others went to their seats and have their make up retouched.

Irene plopped down on her chair and grab her phone from her purse. The other models took a seat and rest too.

Modelling is a hobby that Irene enjoyed a lot so when her mother suggested that she should try auditioning to some tv ads when she was a kid, she took the opportunity and gave it a shot. She had fun doing photoshoots and since then, she had a lot of call backs and gigs.

"Unnie, you're alone today. Seulgi unnie isn't coming to watch you?" Wonyoung, one of the younger model asked beside her.

"I don't really know if she'll make it today. She might be busy." Irene answered and smile.

"Really? That's new. She never missed your photoshoots. She was so supportive of you. I wish Yujinnie was like that too." Wonyoung sulked.

"Why? Is she sick? Your best friend never missed your photoshoots too. This is a first for her." Irene noticed while looking around them.

"She won't come. She has a date with a girl named Gaeul. Even if I told her not to go, she still didn't listen to me." Wonyoung pouted like a kid.

"Oh is that so? I'm sorry to hear that. I know that you're expecting her to come."

"Not really. If she wants to choose that girl over me, then so be it. I won't talk to her from now on." Irene smile at Wonyoung's stubbornness. She obviously looks hurt that her best friend ditched her. Irene wondered if Seulgi feels like this too whenever she had a date with Jennie.

"Do you like her?" Irene suddenly asked and that startled the younger girl.

She just can't help but nodded her head as an answer.

"It was one sided though. I hope it won't happen to you unnie. Unrequited love sucks and hurt so much." Wonyoung sighed deeply. Irene gave her a sympathetic look and draw a comforting hand around her back.

Right. Irene knows that unrequited love is hard. She's always reminded of that whenever she sees Seulgi. She knows that Seulgi has been suffering for a long time because of her. And she doesn't even know how to help her get over her. Seulgi still loves her till now and she doesn't think it will change anytime soon. Especially after what they talked about last Thursday, on Seulgi's birthday party.

*Flashback*

"Karina and I have been looking for you everywhere Winter. I didn't know that you were with Seulgi." Irene said after seeing the two talking outside the garden.

"Well Seulgi unnie help me when I throw up earlier, and we catch up to each other too." Winter reasoned while Karina holds her girlfriend's waist to guide her.

"We should get going now. We have to wake up early tomorrow remember?" Karina said and Winter agreed. The two freshman bid Seulgi and Irene farewell and left.

Irene was about to go back inside to Jennie but Seulgi stopped her and told her that they should talk.

Irene complied and the two went to sit together.

"I won't apologize for what happened earlier but I want you to know that I've finally decided what to do next." Seulgi began and Irene turned to face her. This is the first time that she saw her best friend look so serious.

"Okay. Then I promise to listen to whatever it is." Irene stare at her eyes and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Break up with Lisa and take me as your lover instead. I'm willing to become your second option. You don't even have to pay me. Even if our relationship was just purely physical I'll promise that I won't demand for anything more. I promise that I'll be contented to stay by your side and help you. Please think about it for me Irene." Seulgi stated sincerely and Irene just couldn't believe what she's hearing. Did her best friend lost her mind?