Nine

"Oh. Look who's here." Momo tapped my shoulder and pointed at the entrance of the auditorium. I look at the door and saw Tzuyu walking inside the room. She went to sit at the far corner of the room along with the other students who were there to watch us. When she looked up to meet my gaze, I gave her a small wave as a greeting. She shyly smiled and waved back.

Our team are currently practicing for our next dance routine. We have an upcoming dance competition next month so our club always find time to rehearse after school.

I actually have plans today because Jennie and I are going to do our homework in my house so after this routine I already excused myself to leave early. Our dance teacher argeed and gave me the permission to go.

We continue to dance and the crowd cheered when they hear the climax of the song because it was time for Momo and I to do the dance break. We are chosen to lead the dance and both became the center of the team so we did our formation and gracefully dance to the music. We already perfected our steps and our bodies were tuned in with each other.

We finished the number and the people gave us a round of applause. I saw Tzuyu looking at me with a sweet smile and I felt proud that our team did a great job today. We will win the upcoming competition that's for sure.

"Okay now let's take a five minute break guys.  And Lisa, you can go now." The teacher told me and I bow my head to give her thanks. I bid farewell to my team and quickly get my bag before heading towards the door.

I passed by Tzuyu's seat and she stood up when she saw me. She must be confused that I'm leaving early. I smile and told her that we should continue to talk outside if she has questions.

We walked outside the room and stopped to sit at one of the bench in the hallway.

"Looks like you're leaving early today." Tzuyu pointed out with a sad tone.

"Yeah. I actually have to do my homework with a classmate. We have plans." I explained.

"You know, I came here to watch you practice cause I want to ask if you're free after this. I want to hang out with you but I guess this isn't the right time." Tzuyu said in disappointment. Her lips pouted like a sulking baby.

I can't help but smile at her cute reaction and decided to tease her a little.

"You should've texted me first. I would've cleared my schedule for you. Nayeon told me that she gave you my number but you never texted me. Why? I thought we're friends now. I'm kind of hurt you know." I fake a sigh and shake my head disappointedly and saw Tzuyu panicked upon seeing my reaction.

"It's not like that! I was just too nervous to contact you first. I really wanted to talk to you and get close to you but I'm too shy. I actually don't know what to do." Tzuyu blushed and she looked down at her lap.

I chuckled at her response and patted her head.

"I'm just joking. It's alright. You don't have to explain yourself. And she actually gave me your number too but I didn't text you either so.. don't worry too much about it. What's important was that, we're friends now right? We can just talk in person like this if we're too busy to contact each other." I replied with a small smile.

"Friends.." I heard Tzuyu muttered.

Then she looks up and her eyes meet mine.

"You're right. Friends. Let's start as that. Maybe things will change in the future. But for now, I'll promise to do my best to become one of your great friend." Tzuyu smiled back.

"Good. We should hang out next time." I answered.

"I'll look forward to that Lisa." Tzuyu beamed.

"Lisa." I heard a voice called my name so I turned to look at the source and saw Jennie standing there timidly while looking at us.