6. The Journalist

Noel finished the album he was working on and now it was time to do some promo. He did a few UK radio appearances then he flew to Paris to do promo all day for some European radio and tv stations. It was a long day and he was getting tired of answering questions (and more specifically, dodging questions about his divorce), but then she walked into the hotel room where the interviews were taking place. She was beautiful and Noel immediately perked up. He stood up as she walked over.

"Hi, I'm Camille." She smiled and extended her hand.

"Hi. I'm Noel." He smiled back and shook it.

"Yes, I know." She said and he chuckled.

They did the interview and Noel got the impression that the attraction was mutual. He wanted to ask her out, but chickened out at the last minute. He was pleased however, when she turned to him as she was walking to the door after the interview was finished.

"I think this is your last interview today?" She asked him.

"Yeah." He said.

"Would you like to go get some dinner? I know a great restaurant down the road." She asked.

"Sure." He smiled.

"Great. Are you ready?" She asked.

Noel looked at his PA, who had come with him for the day.

"D'ya wanna join us?" He asked to be polite, but was desperately hoping she would decline.

"No, go ahead. I'm tired. I'm going to go take a nice hot bath in my room." She said.

Noel turned to Camille.

"Ok, let's go." He smiled.

'Have fun." His PA smiled at them.

They took the elevator down to the lobby then walked out of the hotel. It was a nice evening, but some rain clouds were gathering in the sky.

They walked down the street to the restaurant and went inside. They ordered their food and a bottle of wine and made small talk.

"I have heard the new album and I must say, I think you were broken hearted, no?" She said.

"Uh...I suppose, yeah, I wrote those songs when my marriage was breaking down." He said.

"It's not fun, is it. I got divorced three years ago and still feel sad about it sometimes." She said.

"I'm doing much better now, but yeah, it hits you hard sometimes out of nowhere." He said.

"Yes. Alot like grief." She said.

He nodded in agreement.

"Let's not talk about divorce though, eh? So are you from Paris?" He changed the subject.

"Yes. I was born here and I've lived here my whole life. I could never see myself moving away. I love it here. I live just down the street from here." She answered.

"It's a great city. I always enjoy my time here." He said.

"You know, I was so excited when I found out I was going to interview you." She smiled.

"Yeah?" He smiled.

"Yes. I must confess I have a little crush on you since the 90s." She looked at him a little shyly.

"Really?" He looked at her amused.

"Yes. All my friend's loved your brother, but you were always my favorite."

"Well, thank you." He smiled.

They had a nice dinner then they left the restaurant and were walking back to Noel's hotel when it started pouring rain.