8. The Fan

Noel laid in bed in his hotel room, flipping through the TV channels. Everything was in Spanish though and nothing caught his interest. He turned the TV off and let out a sigh as he stared up at the ceiling. He was near the end of his South American tour. He had spent most of the morning doing interviews then had been in his hotel room for the rest of the day.

It was now eight o'clock. He thought about watching some porn and having a wank, but even that sounded boring. He sat up and sighed again. He glanced at his guitar that was resting against the chair by the bed. He thought about picking it up and seeing if anything would happen. Maybe write another great song. He decided against it. He picked up his phone. He was about to text his security guard that he wanted to go out, but paused. His management had always insisted he take a security guard on tour and that the security guard accompany him everywhere. He just wanted to go on his own though. Did he even really need a security guard? No one ever gave him any hassle when he was out and about. He remembered seeing a bar down the street from the hotel and decided he would go have a drink. By himself.

He stood up and put his shoes on then walked out of his hotel room and down the hall. He took the elevator down to the lobby then walked outside. It was a hot night and the full moon was bright. He felt like he was being a naughty teenager as he walked down the street to the bar alone. He passed a few people, but they didn't seem to notice him.

He got to the bar and went inside. He sat at the bar and ordered a beer. He sat sipping it and taking in his surroundings. There was an older man sat at the end of the bar that gave him a nod when he sat down. There was a couple sat in a small booth near the back that kept kissing in between laughter. Then there was a man sat at a small table alone. He had a plate of food and a beer and seemed engrossed in the TV show that was playing on the small TV that hung on the wall in the corner of the bar.

Noel took a sip of his beer then turned his head as he heard the door open. A beautiful woman walked into the bar and sat right next to him. She ordered in Spanish then she glanced over at him.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hi." He smiled back.

"You are Noel Gallagher." She said.

"Nah, I get that all the time, but I'm not." He lied.

She gave him a disbelieving look.

'You are playing tomorrow night, right? I have a ticket to the concert." She said.

He considered trying to bullshit his way into convincing her he wasn't Noel Gallagher, but decided against it.

"Yeah, it should be a good gig." He finally said.

"I knew it!" She smiled.

The bartender handed her a beer and she held it up to Noel.

"Salud." She grinned.

"Salud." He repeated.

They both took a sip of beer then Noel looked at her.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Sofia." She said.

"You live around here Sofia?" He asked.

"Yeah. I live close by." She said.

"Are you single?" He asked then suddenly felt like a dick for a being too forward.

She chuckled.

"Yes, I am single. You are single now too, right?" She asked.

He looked down at his beer then back at her.

"Yes, I am." He said.

She smiled.