UNCOVERING THE TRUTH

"So, you guys are werewolves?"

Silence. Leah chuckles, cracking open her book again.

"I saw some Quilluete boys in the forest. a kid called Collin. Turned into a wolf, right infront of my eyes!"
I realised how desperate and nuts i sounded, and i raked my fingers through my hair.
"I'm crazy. I'm actually going nuts."
"You gotta tell her now, Jake."

He groaned, running his fingers through his hair. "This shouldn't have been the way you found out." He grumbled.
"It all makes sense now, i guess. With the tattoos and the hair." I exhaled sharply.
"I'm sorry." Was all he said, staring at me painfully with those big brown eyes.
"You don't kill people right?" I murmured. He smiled. "No." I exhaled in relief,

"Can we talk about this at Emily's? Not to ignore the elephant in the room, but she's making muffins." Jared scooted Embry and Quil towards the door.
"We'll be a minute." Paul nodded. "Alright Lover Boy. Make it quick, we're taking your car."

"And what about the vampires?" I gasped, covering my mouth in horror.
"It's not like the movies. We are peaceful." He sighed. "Do you know the story about us Quilluetes?" I nodded.
"Quilluetes are decendants of wolves. My grandma told me when i was little."
I gasped, and Jacob laughed.
"And the Cold Ones are..."
"A family in Forks. The Cullens." He shook his head. "We are familiar with eachother."

"Are they peaceful?" He nodded slowly, staring at the sleeves of my sweater.
"I.. didn't know how to tell you. I'm sorry you had to find out like this. But you can't tell anyone." I nodded gently. "Who am i gonna tell? My mom?"
He smiled awkwardly, and i laughed, pulling his cheeks. "You can laugh, it's fine."

He dodged my fingers, grabbing my hands slowly. He brushed his lips across my knuckles. I watched with startled eyes. He rested his head on top of my hands, before meeting my eyes. "Let's go. You'll get on with emily."

Still dazed by what just happened (i wasn't sure if it was nearly being killed by vampires, finding out my closest friends were werewolves, or Jacob kissing my fingers, but i decided not to question it"), i squeezed in the back of Jake's Volkswagen Rabbit. Jake was in the driver's, and i slumped in behind him next to the others. It was Embry, Me, Jared, Paul, and then Leah slumped on the storage compartment in the middle, facing me and Jared.

"So what music do you like Sadie? Miley Cyrus? Rihanna? Katy Perry?"
"Whatever." Quil grinned in the front seat, turning on 'Pon De Replay' at full blast.
"Turn this shit off Embry." Jake mumbled.
"Uhm, first, Rihanna is good alright? Second, where is Sam? Not like there's room for him anyway.." we pulled off of the country dirt track onto the main highway. Jared laughed next to me. He was almost lying ontop of me. His arm curved over the seat and dangled over my shoulders. I shifted around awkwardly. Jake watched in the rear-view mirror.

"Doing werewolf things. Probably wants to get home early to Emily." Leah scoffed.
"Oh." I couldn't picture Sam Uley transforming into a wolf, let alone the rest of the.. pack. "Are they a thing?"
Jared nodded, leaning to my ear. "Don't say that infront of Leah though." He whispered huskily. I cringed.
"Don't bring that stupid shit up with me." She growled warningly. Paul grinned at me.
"Sadie, do you know what imprinting is?"
"Paul." Jacob warned.
"Uhh, i-"
"It's when werewolves-"

"Shut up you asshole!"
"PAUL AND JARED, SHUT UP!"
"They was just kidding, chill both of you, i swear to god." Quil sat back as if he was ready watch a movie.
"This is why i don't fucking hang out with you guys i swear to god, you know where i draw the line!"
"Why are you so fucking sensitive? Get your head out of your ass Leah."
Now Leah was yelling, and they began to argue between eachother. Pon De Replay is immediately drowned out over the noise.

I glanced at Embry over Jared's back, who is slumped into the seat. He laughed at my expression. "Don't worry. It's a wolf thing." He sighed. "The downside of being able to know eachother's thoughts." My eyes widened.
"The more i learn, the more surprised i am." He grinned smugly.

We pulled up outside a little wooden house tucked under a huge oak tree in complete silence. They are all giving eachother the silent treatment. Jake turned off the ignition, and pulled the door open for me. "Thanks Jake." . I smiled at him gratefully, my fingers running over his shoulders. He slammed the door in Jared's face.

I followed Quil up the steps, and we walked through the sliding doors into the most beautiful little cottage i'd ever seen. The kitchen wrapped around the main room, and a wooden table with mismatched wooden chairs surrounded it. Sam was kissing Emily's face with gentle lips.

"Ew, Sam. Cut that out, we have guests." Paul's nose wrinkled, and he fell into one of the chairs lazily.
"Then don't look." Sam raised an eyebrow at me. "Where are Jared and Jacob?"
"Discussing stuff." Paul glanced at me vaguely. Sam's nodded slowly, as if he was listening to the boy's thoughts. I frowned.

"Anyways! You're Sadie, right? Jacob has a real soft spot for you, blondie."
And this was Emily; with the same satiny, copper skin, and twinkling eyes with a waterfall of black locks down to her back. Even with the three deep scars that run down her entire right side of her face, which pulled down the corner of her mouth and eye, she was breathtakingly beautiful.
"You can say that again."

I blushed. "Hi, Emily. Sorry to come in your house like this." She almost glided across the room to my side, giving me a gentle side-hug. "Don't worry about it! You are welcome any time." It almost felt like a privelidge to be in six feet of her.

As the kitchen quietened down, the two figures appeared in the doorframe.
"Have you guys stopped being babies yet? Jesus Christ. Where is Leah?"
"Yeah, somehow this asshole's managed to piss of Leah too." Jacob gravitated towards my side like a magnet. Jared crossed his arms. "You better shut that little mouth of yours." Jacob almost growled under his breath.

"Shut up, Jake. Don't be rude." I hissed. The childish behavious was getting old. The boy straightened up, and the snarkiness left his face, replaced with calm obedience. Emily chuckled. "These kids."