THE AFTER PARTY

Prom ended quickly after that, and we stumbled through the night, hand in hand through the darkness.
The ride back was silent. I rested my cheek on his warm back, and played with Jacob's locks of black hair which had escaped his helmet. He shuddered at my gentle fingers.

We pulled up outside an unfamiliar house in the middle of the woods; it was a block of concrete; the upper level overhanging the patio below. There wasn't an inch of the house that wasn't covered in glass, with wooden panelling coating the outside. Jacob tensed at the house.

"Where are we?" I said groggily. The wind had battered my bare arms and ankles in the wind. Jacob lifted me off the bike once again.
"This is the Cullens' house" My heart dropped.
"Why are is the after party here?"

His huge hands rubbed up and down my frozen ones, warming me back up quickly.
"It's kind of a new tradition for Forks High School and Quillayute Prep to have an after party at theirs. Don't worry, they're peaceful."
I nodded slowly. His fingers clutched mine. "I trust you."

The party was already booming; Forks High School prom had finished earlier, and red cups of an unknown alcohol were being passed around. I smiled awkwardly as a boy i didn't recognise pressed a cup into my hands. "For the pretty lady." He slurred.
"What's in this?" I questioned. He shrugged.
"Vodka? I don't know."

I glanced at Jacob. He nodded encouragingly.
"Don't worry, i'm driving. Have fun." I smiled. "Thanks Jake."

We sat in the Cullen's living room, and i ploughed my way through three cups of the cloudy concoction. Even through my slurred haze, Jacob Black was noticeably awkward, constantly looking around him.

"Are you aaalright Jake? You look a little- hiccup- uncomfy."
"I'm fine." His fingers stroked my back gently, but his mind was elsewhere. I frowned. "Okay."

"Sadieeee!!" I glanced to the direction the voice came from.
Miriam and Daisy waved me over. I grinned, biting my lip regretfully at Jake.
"Hey, I'm going to go seeeee.. my friends. Go find Embry nd Quil." I ruffled his hair, and he half-smiled as i began to wobble into Daisy's arms.

"You and Jacob look so cute! Are you guys official?!"
I shook my head slowly. "Naww. I didn't see you guys at prom, i was sad!"
They laughed. The smell of Raspberry vodka fanned on their tongues. "We left early. The afterparty looked sick! And Miriam wanted to see her Forks high school boyfriend." Miriam giggled giddily.
"So where is Ada? Has she come up to you?"
"Naaah. I saw her at Prom, but that was it. Jake promised there was nothin' going on." I brushed a curl out of my face.

"Yeah, well when we got there early she started beefing with everyone. 'You'll see!' She started yelling. Anyways."
The two slung their arms around eachother's shoulders, laughing. They were very, very drunk.
All of a sudden, Daisy's eyes widened.
"Hey, look at that! Your boyfriend's talking to Bella Swan."

I glanced over my shoulder to this Bella Swan.
She was pale, pale as a sheet, with long brown hair which fell down her back into loose waves. Her eyes were a firey colour; and i was certain for a moment they were red. Jacob spoke to her naturally, and he laughed as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Who.. is that?"
"Gee, idon't knooow. Say, isn't she like, two years older? Jacob used to hang out with her all the time. Everyone in Quillayute Prep thought they were dating." Daisy slurred. That hurt. I squinted at her, droppinf the cup to the floor.
"See you guys laaater. I'm gonna go say hello."
"Byyyyeeee Sadie!"

I stumbled through the house which felt like it was shaking. When Jake caught sight of me, his expression dropped. I knew that face. Dread. And then i met Bella's eyes; and i couldn't believe it; her eyes were absaloutely some shade of red. I frowned in jealousy. "Everyone in Quillayute Prep thought they were dating!".

As soon as i broke through the crowd though, someone cut me from my destination. Ada Perkins in a satin blue dress. I frowned. "Ada."
" you had some nerve going to prom withe boy i told you i liked."
I shook my head slowly, the words ringing in my ears. "Ada, i don't know why you don't like me all of a sudden."

"Why i don't like you?" The girl laughed harshly. "Becuase as soon as some girl from California rocks up at Quillayute Prep, everyone likes her. My friends ditch me for her, everyone likes her, and the boy i like likes her too! Do you see the problem, Sadie?"
"What's going on?" Jacob is now at my side, Bella Swan close behind him. Daisy and Miriam approached slowly, flabbergasted.
My face dropped, tongue-tied by her frustration.
"I..i don't see how that's my fault." I mumbled.

"Not your fault?" The girl scoffed. "Well here's one for you! Your fucking boyfriend has been slunking off with Bella Swan at least four times since last week."
My eyes darted to Jacob.
And there was no denying, from his guilty face, and the girl behind him's, that Ada Perkins for once in her life was right. She smirked smugly.

"Sadie, it's not like that." The girl behind him stammered. Jacob nodded.
"I-I I didn't want you to think it was something it wasn't."
My face wrinkled in disgust.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Was i not supposed to say that?" Ada said innocently. Abigail and Kate watched me like hawks, squawking in laughter.

"You said you were with Quil and Embry."
"I'm sorry, i just-"
"Wow Jacob, that's fucking sly." It was Miriam.
"Don't be calling him sly after you ditched me for the California Bimbo, alright? You should be ashamed." Abigail interjected.
"Guys stop!" It was Bella.
"You know what? I've heard enough from you." Daisy cried out.
I could feel the tears pricking in the corner of my eyes.

"You know what? I'm gonna go. I can't be fucking bothered with any of you right now." I said through tears. Jacob stepped forward.
"That wasn't an invitation for you to take me home, Jacob." I hissed. "Figure out your priorities before you talk to me again."

I couldn't see him anymore; my eyes were clouded with tears, and the room was spinning. My head throbbed as i stumbled my way through the packed living room until i could hear my name no more.
The room bounced around me as i stepped over long sparkling prom dresses and pools of vomit until i found a door. I rattled it around with messy hands, and it flung open.

I gasped for the air, and i realised i had been holding my breath as i worked my way through the mosh of people. I stumbled down the wooden steps, tripping over my stupid heels. I squealed, expecting to hit the floor.
A pair of strong arms caught me.

"Jake, fuck off!" I screamed. And then i met his eyes.
They were startled and concerned as he held me upright. "Sadie, are you alright?"
I let out a helpless whimper, tottering dangerously. My eyes were getting heavy.

"Take me home Jared."