| four |

†Back at Med, Elena had settled back into bed, the sound of machines beeping echoing in her ears

Back at Med, Elena had settled back into bed, the sound of machines beeping echoing in her ears. The crowds walked past her room with heavy footsteps and people talked loudly outside. She turned her head towards the machine next to her, a hose led from it to her arm and she raised her arm slightly with the hose following. She hit her head back on the pillow and signed loudly. She didn't want to be here for another second.

The machine next to her mirrored her face, for the first time in her time at the hospital she saw her own reflection. She saw her bruised face and lifted her fingers from the covers and gently traced the bruises that covered her left side. She tried so hard to remember how she got them, what had happened to her during the time she was gone. But the memory failed her and she turned her head down towards the blanket that wrapped her body again to avoid seeing herself anymore.
She gently leaned her head back against the soft pillow behind her and her thoughts turned to Adam.

The memory of seeing him again after all these years made her endure the time in the hospital. Being back with the people who mattered the most brought a smile to her soft lips.

Footsteps coming her way caught her attention and when she looked up she met Antonio's happy but sad face. She let a relieved laugh leave her lips as he wrapped his arms around her, it felt good feeling safe again inside of somebody's arms. Antonio let go of her, he met her gaze and ran his hand over her bruised face gently.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you, Elena." His voice was soft but you could hear it was on the verge of breaking. She smiled widely and a tear left her eye, he pressed her head to his lips and kissed her forehead gently. "You're safe now. I promise you." She put her arms around his waist and sat like that for a while.

Back at the 21 district, Adam sat with his face buried into his hands. Confused whether or not he should go back to Med and talk to her without all of the aggression he'd shown earlier. But still, he was scared. Scared of his feelings, scared of what he would find out about the things that she's gone through. Footsteps coming his way made him lift his head up from his hands, he mets Jay's eye and he leans back into his chair. Jay pointed to the board in the center of the room and Adam turned his chair to see what Jay had to say.

"With Elena remembering small details of what happened fourth of July six years ago, we've found someone that matches her description of the guy." Jay turns to the board and hangs up a picture of a young guy, he looks no older than 20. Jay turns back to the team and points to the picture. "Keith Gamble, 25 years old. Previous convictions are sexual assault, attempted murder and kidnapping of young girls."

"So, do we have an address on this guy? Anything?" Hank's raspy voice draws the teams attention towards him, Jay looks down into the paper he holds in between his hands.
"817 W WAVELAND AVE APT 1N" Jay replies and looks up at Hank who shakes his head contentedly.
"Alright, let's roll."