| six |

I'll see you,
when the road
decides it's time
for our paths
to cross again.

I'll see you,when the roaddecides it's timefor our paths to cross again

The sunlight filtered through the blinds and dazzled Elena's eyes. She stretched tiredly and turned on her side. Before she knew it Antonio was standing in the doorway calling her, she turned back onto her back and gently opened her tired eyes.
"What time is it?" She asked and yawned. He chuckled and walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed at her feet.
"Believe it or not, it's actually 10 pm." He replies with a smile. 
"Well, why aren't you at work?" She asked and sat up. He shrugs.
"How do you know I'm not on my way there?" Elena laughs at his stupidity.

She pulled the covers off her legs and sat on the edge of the bed with her hands on each side. Her mind was tracing it's way back to yesterday, the things that Adam had said.
"Hey, you're free to do whatever you want today, call me if you need anything alright?" Elena nodded slowly and gave him a reassuring smile. Antonio stood up and grabbed her face, kissed her forehead and left the room.

❤︎︎

The unit of Intelligence stood at a crime scene, roaming through the house in search for evidence. A man had been killed in a execution style. Adam and Kim had been the first one at the scene, seeing a man flee down the streets and jumping into an black sedan.

The victim looked like he wasn't older than 26, white and known for selling drugs.
"So, what do we know?" Hanks voice caught the teams attention, Adam stood leaning over the body and writing down evidence or anything of the body that could be investigated.
"Jamal Marble, 25 years old, white, only criminal history is that he's been selling drugs and making coke his whole life. There's no signs of struggle, meaning he must've known his offender."
Hailey explained to them, Hank nodded as she spoke and looked over at the body once again.

"Take photos, search for evidence and see what's worth looking over back at the district. I need every piece of evidence there is to collect a suspect, got it?" Hank tells them and they nod understandingly.
"Copy that." Jay said and kneeled down at the body.

The unit did everything they could do at the scene, the coroners arrived at the scene and took the body to the hospital for further examination. They couldn't find any evidence of the suspect so they headed back to the District to find out what everyone had heard or collected.

"The white male had signs of multiple stab wounds in the neck and abdomen, the ultimate cause of death was an single bullet to the head." Jay explains to the team. Hank furrows his eyebrows.
"So you're saying when he didn't die from the stab wounds, they executed him instead?" Jay nods as an answer and Hank just looks down at the male.
"I don't care what he'd done to make him a victim of this cruelty but no one deserves to die like this, find a suspect!" Hanks raspy voice changed from pretty calm to angrier and everybody just looked at each other. They all left the scene to do whatever they were assigned to do.

❤︎︎

Adam was back in his apartment with Kim by his side, Adam half sitting up in bed with Kim lying on his bare upper body with her hand over his stomach, it was so quiet you could hear her breathing. He stroked her head with his hand and bent her head down and kissed her head. He was so madly in love with this woman that he barely could think straight. Then his mind was tracing back to Elena, the disappointment she'd felt when he told her to move on.