five

She was observing the pictures which stood in frames on Anto's desk in the hall, a picture of him with his children & with his ex-wife, one with just his wife and last but not least, a picture of the whole team together. They smiled widely at the camera while their arms were over each other's shoulders. Everyone looked happy, especially Adam. She needed to stop thinking about him all the time. It had to stop. She needed to move on.

Elena and Antonio sat around the kitchen table, eating some breakfast. The only sound in the room was the clash of forks against plates, the children running outside the window laughing and screaming. Anto had his eyes fixed on the plate which was full of some pancakes, he cut into them and stuck his fork in them before he put them in his mouth. "So, what's up?" He asks with his mouth full, his eyes search my face and he swallows hard.
"I'm good, don't worry." I shrug my shoulders, looking down at the plate and just played around with the pancakes.
"Well, I need to be at work in ten minutes, aight? Leave the dishes, I'll take care of it later and we'll see each other at Molly's tonight."

Anto stands up in a hurry and puts the dishes in the sink before grabbing the jacket that lied on his chair. He walked up to my and kissed my forehead as he left the room.

         Adam looked over at Kim with a smile crossing over his lips, just the sight of her made his heart almost skip a beat

Adam looked over at Kim with a smile crossing over his lips, just the sight of her made his heart almost skip a beat. He was totally in love with that woman, and even though they've been through rough times; they'd always end up together. Kim always used to say that she and Adam were meant to be a family since no matter what; they always seemed to find their way back to each other. Adam looked down at his cup he held in his left hand, it was filled with coffee and the sudden thought of Elena came over him.

He knew he had to tell Kim about them but he didn't know when. Was it even necessary? He would never want to jeopardise what he and Kim have but he never wanted to keep secrets from her as well.
"Adam? You alright?" Kim asks from the sofa, she sat with her body turned back at Adam. She gave him a half smile as he looked over at her again.
"Yes, yes. I just love to admire you." Kim looked down on her knees and laughed.
"I love you, weirdo." They laughed and Adam went over and sat by her side. He put his hand on her leg and squeezes her tightly as they started to watch a movie on the television.