Chapter three

Warning! In this chapter there will be swearing!

Lilith pov

The next few days are a blur of work, Liz and I hadn't had a chance to meet, but we decided to take a girls night sometime at the weekend. Just getting some take out and watch girl movies 'till 2 am.

It's friday already and I'm stressed out s hell, so I relish the idea of spending some girl-time with my best friend.

I may have been warking my ass of, but I can't stop thinking of HIM.

Jake Night.

I keep remembering him at the weirdest moments, like when I'm writing a name on a cup, wiping the tables, when I'm about to fall asleep, during my shift at the bar....

It's maddening!

He seems to creep into my thoughts and stay there.

I try to buys myself in work, telling myself, that it will pass and I will eventually forget him. I mean, it's not like he would be interested in me, or I in him, for that matter. Anyway,  I'm better of without him!

Jake pov

I'm walking around town to a meeting with a nother gang, my father sent me, as an envoy. He wants to find out, on whose side they're on. We are one of the strongest gangs, but there is a nother quite strong gang, bothering us.

While I walk, my thougts drift....that girl....I keep thinking of her.

My father was extreamly pissed off at the guys, that left me, when I got shot. Let's just say, that they won't be running again, if they could walk at all.

I don't feel bad for them, hell I would have done a lot worse, but this way, everybody will see, what happens to those who are disloyal or cowards. Every day, again and again.

Back to the girl, I told my father, that she applied the bandage and helped me.

He does not think much of women in general, well actually he's sexist as hell, but every member of our gang is to a certain degree. Anyhow, even he said, that he would like to meet her and reward her. I don't know what to think of that.

Sure, she might have just saved my life, but was it right to drag her into the whole gang intigues? If she would meet my father, it might just be, that some of the guys would decide, that they'd like to keep her. In the gang it's like that: girls are for sharing and have basically no rights, some claim girls for themselves - no one is allowed to touch them then and they mostly stay out of sight - it's a crime to take the woman of a nother men and it will be severly punished. Mostly ending in death, killed by a jealus husband.

Letting my father meet her, could draw her into a whole lot of shit she would not want, so I told him I'd think about it.

But why am I even caring about that? She's just some girl.

Some girl who saved you, even though she didn't have to.

Great, now I'm arguing with myself!

I keep walking, when I suddenly see something out of the corner of my eye.

IT'S HER!

She's wiping the tables in a Starbucks. Without thinking I walk into the shop.

What am I doing here, I hate starbucks, damm it!

Oh fuck. She is behind the counter, not looking up.

There is a line behind me. Fuck! I have to order something.

"Uh, a coffee please?"

Lilith pov

It's been a stressfull day and the midday rush, just calmed down a bit. All the buisenessmen with their suits and ties and laptops departing.

"Uh a coffee please?"

Damm it. I hate those guys, who don't say what kind of coffee they want, making me ask.

"What kind of coffee?" I reply in a bored, slightly sassy voice, but don't look up.

"No milk."

"So a regular filter coffee?" I have to ask AGAIN (in my sassy voice).

"Yes, but that is no way to talk with customer."

I'm buisy tiping in the order, so I don't see the customer. Not wanting a confrontation I reply: "I'm sorry sir, I apologise, now could you please state your name, thank you." in my sweetest voice, not.

"Jake"

My head snaps up.

"Oh" I say, then "You!"

"Me."

"What are you doing here?"

"Ordering a coffee?!"

I feel my face heat up, by now I must look like a tomato.

"Right", I process tho order "That will be 1,50 please."

He hands over the money.

"When does your shift end?"

"Why?"

"Because we have to discuss something."

"Well, then...... at 3pm."

"I'll be here."

He get's his coffee and leaves. I keep on working, but the only thing I can think of is him. What does he want to discuss with me? Did I do something wrong?

Damm it, why do I feel this way, like he is important or something?!

I don't care for him and that is final!

In my break Ben comes over.  We sit with our backs against the wall in the tiny breakroom.

"Who was that hunk of a guy, that you talked to?"

"Ummm.... err...... well."

"Spit it out!"

"Okay, um, thatwastheguyItoldyouabout,theoneIsaved,aftergettingshot."

"Wut? If you talk so fast I have no chance to understand you."

"That was the guy, I told you about, the one I saved, after getting shot, remember?"

"WHAT THE —-"

"Okay, okay, chill, dude!"

"Really?"

"Yes."

"He's hot."

"I told you so."

"Duh."

"He may have asked me to meet him after my shift."

"Are you going to?"

"He's picking me up."

"I want to know everything, that happens!"

"Done. I'll tell you on monday." I don't work at starbucks on weekends. Normally I help out at a club, like tidind evrything up after a night of people partying. Yes, like cleaning lady, but it's honestly not that bad.

As I said, I desperatly earning and saving money, to be able to start at an university next autum. My application has to be sand out by the beginn of summer. Now it's spring. Tik tok, I guess.

With dawning apprehension as I await the end of my shift.

What does he want? I hate not knowing, what will happen!

At 3:00 I hang my apron and go ouside to wait. Where is he?

I crane my neck and look for him, as I hear a voice behind me:

"Hey beautiful."