Chapter six

Lilith PoV

When I am finished cleaning I drive him to my appartement. I could just drive him to their spooky gang headquaters, but the thougt makes me uneasy.

Arriving at my appartement I make myself another coffee, I really need one now.

Carefully I guide him to my bed and he lays down, going to sleep instantly. I take of his jacket and shoes, then I rouse him for an Aspirin and a glass of water. While he sleeps I wash his face with a towel. Caring for him gives me a strange sense of deja-vu.

I haven't known him long, but somehow I care for him. No man has ever made me feel like he does.

What do I do now?! I can NOT develop feelings for him! Please anyone but him! Why me? I hope I won't get dragged into gang issues. I've heard of people vanishing without a trace and I know, that girls aren't respected at all in those scenes.

As always, when I get really nervous, I bake. Seriously, it calmes me! Before my final exams in school the whole kitchen was packed with all sorts of things. Breads, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, biscuits, puddings. Its weird (I know) but most of it does taste good.

So I start preparing the dough, slowly I lose myself in the simple action of making something delicious.

Jake PoV

I feel much better. My headache is almost gone and my muscles hurt less. But where am I? It smells really, really good. My stomach gives a sound of protest of its emptiness.

A radio is playing some modern song. Slowly I sit up and break into a smile. Covered in flour and dancing Lilith seems to have prepared a feast. Next to her are two loaves of bread and a three layered cake. She is mixing something in a bowl and swinging her hips to the rythem. When the chorus comes she starts singing as well.

I laugh quietly and walk up to her . She still hasn't noticed me and keeps on singing and dancing. I put my arms around her waist and pull her close. She stops and turns around with a startled expression . "Oh hi, how are you feeling?" She asked me in a flustered tone while trying to escape my arms.

"Much better. This is the second time you have saved me, you know?"

Giving up trying to escape she turns around to face me and says :" let's not make a habit of it yeah?"
Before I can answer she leans in and touches her lips to mine.

Lilith PoV

I lean in and touch my lips to his. Any rational thoughts have long left my mind. His proximity made me act in such a daring way. I know that this might be the worst idea I ever had but I can't stop myself because it just feels right. As soon as our lips touch they start moving in sync.  He dominates the kiss and tries to deepen it by demanding entrance to my mouth with his tongue. I deny and brake of the kiss.

"Wow" I breathe. His breath and mine mingle in ragged gasps.

This might not have been my first kiss but certainly the best one so far.

"Sooo how about breakfast?"

Jake PoV

We spend the day together in innocent fun. After a delicious breakfast we deliver the cake and breads to neighbours. She claims that she could never eat them anyway and this makes others happy.  She is so selfless and kind. I have no idea how I deserve her attention.

We hang around get apartment and watch a movie but none of us concentrate. In the middle of it we start making out again.  This girl had me falling so hard for her. I would do anything to make her happy!