𝟬𝟭. 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

"What is wrong with you two?" Ayesha asked moving her eyes from Meerab to Dua, who were sitting right opposite each other while she was in the center. It has been a couple of minutes since she walked into the cafe they were supposed to meet and hang out after their bar exams but all she found was silence around as best friends refused to talk and instead, all they could do was stare at each other.

Stares from both the side were different─Dua was blitzing sharp glares at Meerab while all she did was sit with innocent stares.

Ayesha's question was undoubtedly neglected again because Dua seems unaffected and all Meerab did was smile, naively again.

Which she was not.

"Hello? We were supposed to hang out and go shopping today, isn't it? We have finished our law studies and written bar exams in case you two have forgotten" She chimed pissed now with their silent treatment for some reason she was yet to figure out.

That's not how she wanted to spend this day with her best friends, they had finished their bar exams a day before yesterday and exams went well for the three of them.

"You guys never fought" Ayesha let out but her words sounded more like a question to herself and them. She knows them for 3 long years now, Meerab and Dua are childhood best friends because Meerab's taau ji was friends with Dua's father, Aadil Baig, and both families were close to each other for years now.

The friendship was formed between Khans and Baigs when Shahnawaz Khan, a feudal lord decided to enter the corporate world with his brother, Anwar, and cousins, Waqas and Raza while Aadil Baigs was handling business passing throughout generations.

Shahnawaz passed away years before but the friendship remained the same with both families being there for each other. After Shahnawaz, business was overtaken by Raza and Shahnawaz's sons altogether, Azhaan and Taahir mainly while Murtasim was bounded by his father's royalty and throne.

Nevertheless, Murtasim was always smart enough to keep everything under his control from decisions taken in business to judgments made as gaadi ka jaan-nasheen.

Despite being brought up in two different families with different cultural values, mindsets, and backgrounds nevertheless, Meerab and Dua were best friends, they had spent their entire childhood, and teenage together, and, they are still together for law studies in Karachi, away from their respective families.

While Ayesha met both in law college and quickly bonded together, the last three years were fun and now the idea of them leaving the city and returning home somewhere makes their heart aches.

The fact for the square was they never had a fight and despite the three of them being best friends yet both of them were a little closer to each other than Ayesha was─she couldn't sum up what was awry with the two today.

But then Dua has been always dramatic and reacts to small things while Meerab acted like she never takes her best friend seriously and simply rolls her eyes every time Baig's daughter reacts like it's a matter of dead and life.

"I think we should order something?" Meerab asks, finally, she spoke after a long time making Ayesha sigh. At least someone spoke, she deliberately thought. "Good idea. We should before Cafe staff kick us out for simply sitting and not ordering anything" Ayesha added

She placed an order on behalf of three of them, ordering 3 different coffees as per their preferences, a sandwich for herself, a red velvet donut for Meerab, and a white sauce pasta for Dua.

After a while, Ayesha tries to inquire about the situation through sign language from Meerab when Dua finally spoke "When you were planning to tell me about London?" she said after infinity grabbing their attention which she already had all.