𝟬𝟰. 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀

While examining his phone and the emails Taahir had sent him this afternoon, Murtasim made his way toward the dining room through the passageway. He put emails on hold today as he attended to some panchayat-related issue.

As he approached the dinner table, his feet got more deliberate, and a maid walked over carrying a glass of water on a tray for him. He murmured "Thank you" as he took the glass. He casts a glare about the mansion. It was eleven o'clock at night and no one was aware of his unannounced presence. 

For days, his sole thought was that Meerab wouldn't want him around, but yesterday evening, he received a message from her that said, "Maybe I overreacted and shouldn't have misbehaved with you, even if it was you who provoked me. I'm sorry, Murtasim Khan." It was the message he got that only made him smile

It was evident from the 'Murtasim Khan' in the message how difficult it was for her to type apologize, and his name was more of a taunt. Even her attempts to express regret to him end in accusations. As she considered what to text him as an apology, he couldn't help but imagine how distressed she must be.

Though he had intended to avoid her for her sake, he can't deny that her apology was the only thing that persuaded him to come back home. She sent him a text, which only means she won't mind him being in the house and maybe won't give him those hard glares that accuse him and scream "I hate you" even if he used to do the same.

"Khan, should I arrange a dining table for you?" A woman in her mid-40s asks, lowering her gaze in front of him as she waited for him to respond so she could swiftly set the table and serve him dinner. There was enough food for him to eat despite the elation and unexpectedness of his presence at this time of the night.

He quickly replied, "No" placing the glass back on the tray and glaring around one last time before he pointed at the maid. "Everyone slept?" he questioned hoping his mother had already fallen asleep so he wouldn't have to go meet her at this time. After a stressful day, he was drained to the point where he just wanted to go to sleep.

At the mention of his cousin, she immediately caught his attention with "Jee, bas Meerab bibi jaag rahi hain" said stated, "Azhaan sahab aaye hain, dono sath he hain chhat par." She added and offered him more information than was necessary.

( Yes, only Meerab Bibi is awake. Azhaan sahab has arrived, and they both are on the terrace together )

Murtasim turned his head in the direction of the stairs and asked, almost gritting his teeth, "Who else is there?" he asks, "I went to serve them coffee, they were alone" and she departed as he had asked.

Murtasim's eyes were already unobstructed, and he could feel himself clenching his teeth, he also felt a tinge of unease—or, more accurately, anger—about the fact that they were both alone upstairs on the terrace while the rest of the family was asleep. They shouldn't be close to one another at this hour, or any other hour, he reasoned after several thoughts.

Murtasim took a rapid intake and evacuated while repeatedly considering them. When he learned that they were alone on the terrace, the words had stayed echoing in his ears.

"Wait, why am I acting this way?" His subconscious questions assume he is thinking inadequately. His both cousins were adequate near to one another allowing him to be obvious that they had been hanging with each other before. He shouldn't be surprised if his family decides to arrange for their marriage soon.

Meerab is adored by Aasma, Azhaan's mother, and his khala. Throughout their childhood, she frequently brought up the idea of wanting Meerab to be her daughter-in-law, but his mother always broke out in laughter. Murtasim and Azhaan are cousins on both sides of the family because Aasma and Salma, sisters, got married to Raza and Shahnawaz, respectively.