𝟬𝟳. 𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱

Changes are difficult to accept especially when it's in a person you thought of knowing well for ages and suddenly it turns out that your whole narrative about one turned out to be false. Meerab was struggling with the same since Murtasim confessed the truth about his disagreement regarding her law studies and the reason for the sacrifice of his ambition.

A practical human in her was not ready to come to terms with someone like Murtasim would get emotional for his father's love and sacrifice his career, dreams, and whole existence for the sake of his father and once shown affection in a lifetime. Last night, when she looked into his eyes, there was a completely different emotion and a version of Murtasim she had never seen before. Maybe, she might not see him again ever like that, he might never allow himself to open in front of her or anyone else in future.

It takes a lot to make a sacrifice and she might have never done that for anyone. She has questioned herself since night if she could do the same for her father but could not find an answer to the question. She couldn't imagine such a situation where she had to choose between her father and career.

"He was too brave to do that" Meerab mumbles to herself lost in thoughts not realizing Amaya was still around her and might have heard.

"Who's brave to do what?" a question immediately popped up by Amaya. Meerab mentally pats her head and shrugs her thoughts off getting up from the round chair that was placed in front of the mirror of the bedroom. "Nothing important" she replied turning back towards the mirror to check out her final look for the wedding ceremony they have to attend tonight.

A smile appeared on her face as she checked out herself in the mirror "I was so skeptical when you brought this saree for me but it turned out to look gorgeous" she said feeling unreal on earth. She is not a self-obsessed person but the saree chosen as an outfit was looking elegant on her.

Amaya shrugged off her shoulders proudly "I thought this would suit you best" she said smiling at her cousin and immediately added "It's Dua, who found this saree when we went shopping last afternoon alone because you refused to accompany us, you said you are tired after cooking" she reminded and gave credit at the same time to Dua before she finding out she wasn't credited rightly.

She smiled at Amaya running her hand through her hair entangling "Should I keep my hair like way? Natural bouncy hair are looking good, isn't it?" she asked still setting her hair with her hands.

Amaya nodded in agreement "You are looking so pretty" she said, Meerab chuckled at her words. "Is Dua coming with her family or with us?" she inquired as most of the time Baigs are invited to family functions of the Khan family and Dua is always with a group of Khan cousins. Amaya walked to the side of the couch and picked up a matching green dupatta with her suit.

"Uncle is out of town. She is coming with Taimoor bhai and Aaira bhabhi. She kinda wants to tease Taahir more, you know" Meerab informed with a mischievous smile on her face, Amaya cracked up. "Maa begum might caught them someday, I swear" she said

"It will be fun" Meerab winked

"Mariyam has already gone with Anwar mamu, Taahir is waiting down there. Shall we leave if you're done?" Amaya inquired taking a last glimpse of herself in the mirror, she looked gorgeous in the green suit.

Out of nowhere Murtasim crossed her mind again "Has Murtasim left for the village, he won't attend the wedding right?" she asked not showing any concern in her tone. She reasoned with him last night in the name Maa begum but somewhere she wanted him to stay back, as she thought maybe staying around people would help him to overcome his loneliness.

"Yes, I think. I haven't seen him since morning" Amaya replied and Meerab managed a smile at her cousin.

"Murtasim Khan" she mentally screamed his name "How would you find any reason to smile if you keep running away from the reasons" she thought gritting her teeth.