𝟬𝟱. 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲

"You should have been there to catch sight of Taahir bhai's face" Mariyam cracked up. "He was so disappointed when Meerab denied to invite you" she summed up, glimpsing back at Dua who was sitting on the countertop of the kitchen's island listening carefully to every word told while occasionally laughing.

"He tried till the last moment to somehow convince me to let you know about his plan. I doubt he just wanted you all alone, we were just an excuse for him to spend time with you. He is not at fault, you rarely showed up since we came back" Meerab said, with a mischievous smile on her face to tease her best friend. "You do not believe me but he's indeed into you" she addedup.

Dua curled her lips giving a questionable look "Does that even matter when you know your family and traditions?" she asks taking her eyes off and staring at the window. She has overlooked those thoughts several times, convincing herself that Taahir is just harmlessly flirting with her but the fact is she somewhere inclines toward him, has feelings for him, and knows he is a genuine person.

He likes her... Maybe love. He never declared it to anyone, not even to Meerab despite being close to her and even when they share almost every detail. Nevertheless, his actions made it conspicuous to identify what he feels for her.

She likes it when he is around her, she likes when flirts with her and it pisses off her at the same time when he is around other girls to make her jealous and see how she reacts. Well, she never reacted, instead ignores him for days somewhere confirming that she does have something for him.

Dua sighs softly "I like him" she confessed, moving her eyes from widow to Mariyam, who was standing leaning against the kitchen island. "But I don't want to inaugurate war between mother and son. Maa begum won't like it" she sounded off turning at Meerab, who nods doubtfully but in agreement.

"I swear only if we were able to get rid of all the traditions and live the way we wanted" Meerab said with a gloomy look remembering something. "Maybe I was lucky to get everything I wanted but this tradition never let anyone, even ate up the Murtasim we remember and now it's just Khan Murtasim Khan" she spoke mindlessly

Mariyam felt pitiful. The reminder of how things were ruined between her Murtasim bhai and Meerab beyond repair always makes her feel vague. Both had conflicts but at the same time, the war between the two always stayed harmless until her brother took over their father's position and become something he wasn't. His behavior towards Meerab was reckless since then, their ego clashes took a complete U-turn.

Meerab would never hesitate to speak the truth and Murtasim always took it as her misbehavior. She knew his ruthless behavior was an outrage because he couldn't stand someone giving him the cold shoulder and refusing to agree to his words.

Everything was changed in the last seven years. Two people who understood each other despite conflicts seem like now they don't want to understand each other's narrative. They gave up like anything and never turn back to look at how endearing a few things were when they used to fight like kids and then sit together to listen to what the other one wanted to speak. They behaved more maturely when they were kids than at present.

Dua noticed the visible change in Meerab's tone hence she decided to change the topic, well aware of the fact Meerab's mind was back to the past when Murtasim went against her and her ambitions. "Hmm" she nods in motion "The Khan Murtasim Khan, for whom we are preparing this mouthwatering lunch, right? she asks with a grin

Meerab gave a pointed glance at her statement "No. We are not preparing anything for him" She made it clear in a strict tone. She cursed this morning when she decided to prepare lunch for everyone, especially for her father, and reach out to ask Maa Begum for the same when she out of context requested her to prepare Murtasim's favorite dishes as he was back home after a week.