𝟬𝟯. 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝘀

A few hours later, Murtasim's car entered the Khan haveli through its huge gate making its way towards the entrance of the mansion through the driveway of the house. Meerab couldn't help when a satisfied smile appeared on her face as she was coming back home after achieving something no other woman in the family could.

She was back to the place where she belong, her home where her family is, and mostly importantly where her father is. The thought of living back in the house with her parents and cousins around whom she is the happiest person made her beam with contentment. Regardless, she was the one delaying coming back but now when she was back, she couldn't be happier.

As Murtasim halts the car she couldn't wait for another second to step out of the car and see her parents, hug them tight, and meet the rest of the family which mainly includes all her cousins tho she doubts about Taahir being in the house at this hour of the afternoon. Azhaan anyways doesn't stay with them, there is no chance she collides with him unless he knows about her arrival and plans to visit.

Stepping out of the car Meerab glares around the entire mansion including the garden, she could see her bade abbu, Anwar already approaching her with uttered happiness and love. He was probably discussing some matters related to their farms, she assumed as a couple of men were standing with files in the garden's sitting space.

She walked up to him when he almost reached the car, he hugged cheerfully smiling at his daughter and she embraced him back with the same energy as his. He was her father's elder brother but there was some fatherly affection she has always felt from his side, he undoubtedly loved her as his own.

Anwar couldn't be happier, his daughter was back to him. His blood, his Nadia's last gifted of love. Unfortunately, he can't even call her his own, for the world and importantly for Meerab she was Waqas's daughter, his brother's daughter. There is no doubt Meerab loves him but she can't love him more she loves Waqas, her true father in all the senses. The man who brought up her rightfully, gave her the right values and taught her about right - wrong. Made her strong that she had the guts to fight for what she wanted.

Initially, he did have struggled to understand his daughter is different from other girls in the house, and keeping the same expectations from her would only disappoint him. He was a man of words, he was authoritarian from a young age and rooted in his traditions but Meerab made him softer. He could never openly declare their real relationship but he didn't want to lose her because of the war enraged between ceremonies and her ambitions. He tried to understand her only because he loved her way too much to let her think he never cared or supported her.

"Kaisa hain mera baacha?" he asks as they broke the embrace and looked at each other, still holding hands. Meerab had that huge grin on her face hearing her favorite word baacha, he's the one who calls her this in the entire family and she simply feels so happy about it.

( how are you, my child? )

"Absolutely fine. How are you, tell me first. And where are baba, mama, and maa begum" she inquired hurriedly, with so much excitement that rushed throughout her body.

Murtasim, who was standing near the car had an expression of consensus on his face. He saw her genuinely smiling for the first time in the day and it made him feel better. Conflicts apart, he can't see his family upset because of him.

"Aren't they cute?" Dua remarked, as she stood next to him and saw the heartfelt reunion of Meerab and Anwar, whom she lovingly addressed as she bade abbu since childhood if she recollects. "They seem more like a father and daughter, more than she and Waqas uncle is" she added to her statement turning at Murtasim, who had his eyes fixed on the duo.