𝟬𝟲. 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

Meerab switched on the table lamp on the study table as she sat on the chair and opens her laptop to check the mailbox. Since they came back from Karachi, she rarely got any time to check her inboxes. Her finger moved on the TouchPad of the laptop scrolling down all the emails slowly to not miss anything important. As her right hand worked on the laptop, her left hand reached out to the handle of the drawer, she put her hand in and grabbed her iPod.

Connecting it to her iPhone she plugged pods into her both ears, leaving the laptop for a moment she holds into her phone opened her Playlist, and played old classic bollywood song. It was her pretty secret that she loves old Bollywood songs, especially Kishor Kumar's collection and except for Dua, nobody knew about it.

She has always loved old songs since her teenage but never revealed to anyone thinking she would be called off old school or old fashioned, not that she would have cried over that or bothered about nasty comments some could have possibly made in the name of harmless fun but she wants something about her to be secret.

Except for her secret love for old songs, she also loves to read fiction and that resulted in her romanticize small gestures as fiction men do despite firmly believing it's all in the book. She is someone who is focused on her ambitions and always thinks falling in love is not her cup of tea while her friends were busy dating and breaking up. She finds it embarrassing sometimes that how she blushes over a simple statement given by a fictional character and then at the same time she declares she won't fall for anyone.

She wonders sometimes how she can like reading all the romantic kinds of stuff and still believe love is simply not for her or she would not fall for anyone. But the fact remains the same she is someone who listens to the brain instead of the heart, she believes people who listens to their brain can not love someone selflessly at a same time she's bad at expressing her emotions except it's anger. She doesn't know what love is and how it feels to identify someday in case she fell for someone.

Nevertheless, love after marriage is a simple unsaid rule of the entire Khan clan. Khans are simply not allowed to love before marriage, doesn't matter what gender you're of in this family as the rule remains the same for both.

"Baba will find someone good in his eye and get me married to him" She thought wondering and at the same time knowing her father won't do anything unless Maa begum approves but she can trust her father to find her suitable groom when the time is right.

She shrugged off all the thoughts keeping back her phone on the study table and her hands went back to the keyboard of her laptop. She sighs as her eyes lingered on the mail she has received from the university in London informing her that once her bar exam results are out she can join them in London.

Leaning back on the chair comfortably she thought about her decision carefully and for once she find her decision irrational. Studying LLM is not a bad option but she finds it's wrong when she is doing it just because she wants to escape from the phase named 'marriage' which she can sense coming at her anytime.

Others think that she is unaware of her wrong and impulsive decisions but the fact is she always knew what she's up to doesn't matter right or wrong and she will anyway do it once decided.

She was lost in thoughts when her phone's black screen turned bright showing a notification of a new message received. Lazily picking up the phone she opens the text "Have you informed your parents about LLM?" she read the message from her best friend, Dua.

Leaning back even more into the chair she pouts like a baby while thinking and texted back after a minute "I'm not sure what to do" She sent the messages immediately and waited for an answer. Lately, she and Dua have been discussing the same as they are expecting bar exam results in a couple of months or even lesser than that.