Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

I cover my mouth, trying to stifle a laugh. He turn to look at me and glares playfully. "What? That was pretty funny, Onii-Chan" I said. He rolls his eyes and take a few steps back. Onii-Chan is a boy, who's essentially stronger than me. If he can't cut the boulder in half... how can I?

-Unfamiliar Faces-

Y/N P.O.V

We've been trying for days. But we can't seem to slide the boulders. If we use too much force, it might ended up breaking our swords. Even so, I refuse to give up because I believe there has to be a way that we can success.

We're not the only one who seeks for Urokodaki-San's lessons. I'm sure Tomioka-San also have to go through this test in order to be able to participate in the final selection. If he can succeed, there's no reason that we can't. So I will keep on trying, for Nee-San's sake.

I try to strike the boulder again but to no avail. I drop my sword and falls on my knees while breathing heavily. I lift my hand to see blisters covering it. But only for a couple of seconds before they started to heal rapidly.

I jump when I hear a loud sound of slamming. I turn my head to see Onii-Chan repeatedly hitting his forehead against the boulder. "Onii-Chan!" I yelled out. But he didn't listen and continue to slam his forehead against the boulder while crying out frustratedly.

"Stop your whining!" Someone said. I blink my eyes and turn my head to see a boy sitting on the boulder. He's wearing a green and yellow patterned outfit with a white haori.

"Who are you??" I asked. He didn't say anything as he jumps off the boulder. I rush to stand next to Onii-Chan as I stare at the person. He didn't seem to focus on me as he seem to be more focus on my brother.

"Come at me..." he said, pointing his wooden sword at Onii-Chan. I stare at them back and forth, worriedly. If he fights Onii-Chan with that wooden sword, he's going to get seriously injured. "What are you waiting for?" He said.

"Wait wait wait! You're joking right? Onii-Chan have a real sword, while you have a wooden sword. You could get seriously hurt" I said. He turn his head to face me. He starts to laugh, as if what I just said is the funniest thing he have ever heard.

"I'm thankful you're worried about me. But, do you think you can defeat me with your current strengths? Oh, don't make me laugh!" He said. I jump back as he lunges at me. I try my best to block his attacks. But he's too fast for me.

I breathe heavily as after a while of the fight. He starts to attack Onii-Chan next. Just what is his deal anyway? Why did he keep on attacking us??

***

Days after days, we keep on dueling Sabito as a girl told us. She said she's a friend of Sabito and that her name is Makomo. Unlike Sabito, Makomo didn't attempt to attack us. Instead, she gave us tips on how to gain control of our breathing techniques.

Today, is a different story. Makomo have her sword drawn and so is Sabito. They also have real swords, instead of wooden ones. I stare at her worriedly. But she just give me a smile.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of any disturbing doubts in my head. I open my eyes, staring at Makomo with determinations as I tighten the grip around my sword's hilt. I run forward. I swing my sword. I manage to cut the mask on her face.

"You're a strong girl, Y/N-Chan... best of luck for your journey" she said. I stare at her in confusion. I blink my eyes only to realize she's no where in sight. I could've sworn that the one I cut was her mask. But it turns out to be the boulder. I stare at it in shock when I realize I've managed to cut it in half.