Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

My exhaustion that I've been trying to hold back finally came crashing back. My vision grows blurry. I feel my body falling to my side. I hear a distinct yell of Onii-Chan's voice as he calls out for me. That's the last thing I heard, as my surrounding turns dark.

-Why?-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes, and the first thing I realize is I'm inside a room. I turn my head slightly, and my eyes meet with a pair of turquoise eye-colors. I blink my eyes when I realize it's the guy I met during my solo mission.

"Tokito-San..." I said, as I move to a sitting position. He just stares at me without saying anything. "What brings you here? Also... where am I?" I asked, looking around the room cluelessly.

"You're in the Butterfly Estate..." he said. I turn to look at him again. "Your brother and friends are all here too. You're taken to a different room because you're a girl" he said.

"Is that so? I see... thanks for letting me know" I said. I lean my back against the bed's headboard. I suddenly remember something. "Erm... Tokito-San. Thank you for bringing me to the Wisteria House" I said.

"Yeah..." he said, in a soft tone. I smile softly at him as he just stays silent after that. I feel awkward because of the silence. But I don't know what else to talk about. I turn my head to look outside the window to see the sun is up. Judging by how high it is, it's probably around noon.

"Why?" Tokito-San said. I turn my head to look at him in confusion. He stares into my eyes. I can see a look of loneliness and sadness in them. It's the eyes you'd see on someone who have a traumatic childhood. There's also a hint of confusion.

"Why do I remember you... and not everything else?" He asked, making me blink my eyes in confusion. "I would always forget about things after certain times... but, no matter how long it is, I can't seem to forget about you. Why is that?" He said again.

"I... I don't know" I said. He just hums at what I said. He lowered his gaze until he's staring at the ground. I bit my lips as he looks so lost. I want to ask him if he suffers from any sort of amnesia. But, I feel like that would be invading his privacy.

"I just remember that I have things to do... so I better get going now" he said. I turn my head to look at him. He stands up from his seat and turn his gaze to me. "Rest well. Even thought you're not hurt at all. Good for you to have fast healing" he said.

"W-Wait..." I said, just as he's about to leave. He turn to face me. "Erm. Can you tell me where my brother is?" I asked. He stares at me for a few seconds.

"Come with me... you can walk, right? I'll lead you to the room your brother and friends are" he said. I quickly stand up and follows after him. We make our way out of the hospital room.

He suddenly stops walking, which makes me crash right into his back. I wince in pain because my nose hurts from the impact. He turn around to look at me.

"Walk next to me... not behind me" he said. I blink my eyes in surprise at what he said. Wouldn't it be rude for me to walk side by side with him? He's on the higher ranking than I am.

He let out a sigh and grabs my hand, pulling me forward until I'm standing right next to him. I stare at his hand as I feel heat building up on my cheeks. What the hell is up with me??

"You okay?" He asked. I flinch at his voice and turn my head to look at him."Your face seem red... can you get sick despite having healing ability?" He said. He lift his hand that isn't holding mine, placing it on my forehead.

"A-Ah... I-I-I'm fine, Tokito-San" I said, grabbing his hand with my free hand to remove it from my forehead. He just eyed me without saying a thing. It's like he's trying to analyze me. "Can... we just get going? I want to see my brother" I said.

"Hm. Alright" he said. He starts pulling me along with his hand still holding mine. We turn around the corner and come face to face with the Insect Hashira. She smiles at the sight of Tokito-Kun.

"Ara Ara... hello there" she said. She notices me and turn to look at me. "Oh, you're here too, Y/N-Chan..." she said. She looks down and notices our hands that are still holding each other's. She blinks her eyes in surprise. A smile mischievous forms on her lips.

"So this is the girl you've been talking about, huh? I should have known as you seem to keep on staring at her even during the trial" she said, turning her head to look at Tokito-San.

Eh... what did she just say? Tokito-San talks about me? And he's also staring at me? So that's why I constantly felt like someone was staring at me during the trials.

"Yes..." Tokito-San said. I turn to look at him in surprise. My eyes widening slightly. He didn't even bother to try and hide the fact. "She's the girl that keeps coming into my head. Even though I've forgotten about a lot of things. But her... I seem to always remember about her" he said. The Insect Hashira just stares at him with a surprise face. I don't blame her though since I am surprise too. How can he be so blunt about it?

"Now if you'll excuse us... I need to escort her to see her brother. Come on now, Y/N" he said. He just starts to pull me with him. I turn around slightly to look at the Insect Hashira to see her smiling at me.

Eventually, we stop walking once we're standing in front of a door. I slide the door open to reveal a bunch of beds. But three are filled with familiar faces.

"Onii-Chan!" I said, happily. Onii-Chan turn his head to look at me. A huge smile starts to form on his lips. I let Tokito-San's hand go as I rush towards him. He slowly move to sit up. I take a seat on the edge of the bed next to him, and pulls him into a hug.

"You're okay, Y/N... thank goodness" he said, wrapping his arms around me. I smile as I tighten my arms around him. He gently run his hand through my hair.

"Y/N-Chan!! You're finally here! I miss you so much!!"Someone exclaimed. I feel someone hugging my waist. I turn my head to see it's Zenitsu. I blink my eyes at the sight of him.

"Is it just me... or did you actually shrink, Zenitsu?" I asked, while gently pushing him off me. He blinks his eyes at what I said. I take a look at his hands. He really did shrink.

"Oh yeah. I got injected by a poison and nearly got turned into a spider" he said. I shivered at what he said. He start to cry and wrap his tiny arms around me again. "It was so scary, Y/N-Chan!! And the poison was so painful!!" He cried out. I gently pat his head awkwardly as he continue to cling onto me.

Muichiro P.O.V

I just watch in silence as the yellow haired boy clings on Y/N as he cries. Both of them seem close with each other. For some reason it makes me feel uneasy. I don't know why I feel this way.

Ever since I met Y/N that day. I've been able to feel things I've never felt before. Aside from being able to remember her despite constantly forgetting about things.

What's happening to me?

*to be continued*