Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

We make our way inside the mansion, following the boy as he leads us to where Lady Tamayo is. The woman from earlier is laying on the bed. I stare at the girl worriedly. I hope she's alright. This lady Tamayo and the boy may be demons, but they're kind. I guess not all of them are bad.

-Unsettling-

Y/N P.O.V

"Is she alright?" I asked, staring at the woman in bed with a worried gaze. I turn to look at Lady Tamayo, waiting for her to answer me. She turn her gaze to look at me. She just stare at me as for a while before smiling softly.

"She's alright. But I have no choice but to isolate the husband in the basement..." she said. My eyes saddened at the thought. Just a while ago, they're both walking happily as husband and wife. But because of Kibutsuji, they ended up in this situation. He's truly cruel and evil.

"Doesn't it bother you? All of that blood..." Onii-Chan said. I turn to look at him. He gasp in pain as Yushiro hits his chest. He holds his chest in pain, as I glare at the boy.

"Is that what you think? We choked on our saliva at the sight of blood?" Yushiro said angrily. Onii-Chan looked down guiltily. I was about to attack him, but Onii-Chan quickly holds me back. I turn to look at him to see him shaking his head, silently telling me to not do anything. I let out an annoyed huff and crossed my arms.

"Yushiro! Do you always have to resolve to violence?" Lady Tamayo said. She doesn't look angry. But it's quite evident in her tone. Yushiro only looks down. "Please forgive him... I hope you all will get along well" she said. I glance at Yushiro to see him looking pissed. Yeah, I don't think getting along with him is going to happen.

Lady Tamayo takes us to a room. Nezuko-Nee lay down on the ground. "Nezuko... that's bad manners" Onii-Chan said. But lady Tamayo assured us that it's okay. I smile softly at the sight of my sister. She's older than me but ever since she became a demon, she's acting like she's the younger one. I miss the old her already.

Onii-Chan and Lady Tamayo starts talking about Nee-San's transformation case. I just stay silent throughout the conversation, staring at my lap. My mind all jumbled up with a lot of different thoughts.

"Lady Tamayo?" I said, lifting my head slightly to look at her. She turn her head to look at me. "There's something I'd like to ask. It's about my condition" I said. She stares at me with a worried gaze. I shake my head. "No... I'm not sick. It's just that... I've... uhhh. I've changed. That's the only way to put it. I hope that you'd be able to give me an explanation to my condition, Lady Tamayo. I don't know how else I'm suppose to figure" I said.

"Very well... why don't you explain to me what happen to you" she said. I nod my head and start telling her what happened and when it started. Basically, how my wound started to heal faster than it normally would after the first encounter with that man-eating demon.

"And then... my sight" I said. I close my eyes as I try to activate my sight. I can feel them changing color from e/c to sapphire blue.

"It never happened to me before, Lady Tamayo

"It never happened to me before, Lady Tamayo. But ever since I got scratched by that demon" I said. I blink my eyes a few times as they turn back to their normal color. Lady Tamayo just stares at me for a while. 

"You're unique, Y/N-San..." she said. I stare at her in confusion. "That scratch from the demon seem to have awaken something within you" she said.

"Awaken... something?" I muttered, staring at her with a confused gaze. She nods her head, confirming me that I heard it right. "What do you mean? I'm just a normal human being, right? Or... have I become a demon? But I seem to be doing fine with the sunlight and I'm also fine with eating human food" I said.

"No... you're not. You're not a demon. You just seem to gained some abilities which includes your rapid healing, along with your eyes" she said. I blink my eyes, still not getting anything.

"I'm sorry, Lady Tamayo... but that still doesn't explain anything to me. What makes me so special from any other living beings?" I said. All of these are staring to make my head spin.

"Come with me... I'd like to run some tests with your blood if it's okay for you" she said. I turn my head to look at Onii-Chan. He understand from the look in my eyes that I want him to accompany me. He nods his head and stands up. We make our way to what seem to be a lab.

Lady Tamayo gestures me to sit down on a chair. I just do as she said. Onii-Chan stands next to me. He gently hold my hand, letting me squeeze his for comfort. I bit my lips nervously as Lady Tamayo walks up to me with a syringe in her hand.

Onii-Chan gently holds my head against his chest, turning my face away so I wouldn't be seeing the needle. I wince in pain when the needle insert itself on my arm. I shut my eyes tightly as Onii-Chan caress my head comfortingly.

"Okay... all done" she said soothingly. I let out a sigh of relief and pulls my head away from Onii-Chan's chest. I turn to look at her. She gives me a soft smile. I turn my head to look at my arm. The pierced wound from the needle is already closing. Lady Tamayo stares at it. "You really do have rapid healing like a demon. But you seem to still be a human. That's interesting. But do not fret. I will try my best to figure out what's going on with you" she said, making me smile softly.

***

We're back in the room as Lady Tamayo enters the room. She take a seat across from us. I stare at her expectantly, hoping she'd be able to give me an answer to my peculiar condition.

"I've already have some answers for your condition, Y/N-San..." she said. I just nod my head at what she said. "It appears that you have a special blood. Your blood's scent also seem different than most" she said. I furrowed my eyebrow at what she said.

"While you're a human... you're not ordinary. You're special, Y/N-San. You have a strong power within you that still has yet to appear. Your ability to regenerate and your eyes are rare. You MUST NOT let Kibutsuji finds out about this... otherwise, he would try to capture you to turn you into a demon. If you transform into a demon, you'll be too strong for the Demon Slayers to fight. With your power alone, you'd be able to create havoc into this world. He would want that power for himself and he'd do everything to get his hands on you. In other words, you might be a key to salvation and destroy Kibutsuji... or the cause of our world's destruction if your power falls into his hands" she said. Her tone is serious which makes me uneasy.

My mind went back to the look Kibutsuji gave me. "T-That's w-why he w-was staring at me like that" I said. My whole body starts trembling as I feel fear creeping up in me as I realize what type look Kibutsuji is giving me. It's a look of desire and hunger. My eyes widened in horror as realization hits me.

He knew...

*to be continued*