Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

I hum in appreciation at the flavor. I turn my head to look at Zenitsu and Inosuke as they keeps arguing. Goodness those two. Can this get any weirder though? Well... with them around. Most likely.

-Mt. Natagumo-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit down not far from where the three boys are. They each seem to have gotten their ribs broken. That's why they have to stay here and rest. Right now, they're getting checked by a doctor.

"You're fully healed" the doctor said, making me smile softly. It would have been faster if I can use my healing ability to heal them. But judging from what happened before when I tried to heal my petrified leg, I got so tired to the point I lost consciousness.

I hear flapping sound and turn my head to see it's Onii-Chan's and my crow. I just stare at, waiting for the crow to tell us our next mission. I hope this time I get to go with Onii-Chan.

"North-Northeast! North-Northeast!! Your next mission is North-Northeast! The four of you are to go to Mt. Natagumo! Head to Mt. Natagumo!!" They said together. I flinched at their loudness. But try to endure it because I don't want them to feel offended if I had covered my ears. 

I turn to look at Onii-Chan, feeling glad that we can go to the mission together. He smiles at me and gently ruffles my hair. I close my eyes as I smile happily to myself at his affectionate gesture.

We're now outside the house. I bow at the caretaker as a way to show my gratitude because she have taken care of the four of us. "We're heading out now. Thank you for everything" I said.

"Now then... for goodluck..." she said. From the corner of my eyes I can see Inosuke. I feel a sense of confusion coming from him. I just watch the caretaker strikes a stone and a grinder, creating a spark.

"What do you think you're doing, old hag!!" Inosuke yelled out. He wants to attack her, but Onii-Chan and I block his way while Zenitsu stands in front of her to shield her from him.

"What are you, a moron?!" Zenitsu yelled out. Inosuke yelled out a protest at what he said. "She's striking sparks for good luck! It's a purification ceremony! Because we're gonna go on a dangerous mission!" He yelled at him.

"He's right, Inosuke... calm down" I said. Inosuke exhale a long breath, causing steam to blow out of the snot of his mask. But he did calm down, making me let out a sigh of relief.

***

The four of us are now running, making our way to Mt. Natagumo. I stay silent as Onii-Chan and Inosuke starts to have a conversation about "great pride" and "luck in battle." I can feel annoyance coming from my brother as he ended up speeding away. Inosuke thinks it's a race, so he speeds up too. I let out a sigh at those two.

"They sped up!" I said. I turn to look at Zenitsu as we're the only one who's left far behind. He turn to look at me and grin with a blush on his face. I shake my head and speed up as well, quickly catching up with Onii-Chan and Inosuke. I hear Zenitsu whining behind me.

In no time, we finally reach the base of the mountain. I stare at it for a moment, feeling a menacing aura coming from the mountain. Anyone would feel fear if they know what I feel right now. Well, there is one who does feel it.

"Hold up! Would you mind waiting a second?" Zenitsu said. I turn my head to look at him. He's sitting on the ground with a pale face. Onii-Chan turn to look at him as well.

"Zenitsu? What's wrong?" He asked. Zenitsu turn to look at him. He looks like he's going to pass out any seconds now.

"I'm scared, all right?! Now that we're nearing our destination, I'm so scared!" He yelled out. I let out a sigh and shakes my head. This is going to take longer for us to enter deeper into the mountain. Those three starts to argue once again.

"Guys! We have no time for this!" I yelled out. The three of them flinched at my sudden outburst. "Oh for God's sake! We're demon slayers! This is what we do! Yes, I know it's dangerous!! But it's our duty! And I'd rather get in there and get this mission over with! Any of you coming or not?" I said.

I turn to look at Zenitsu as his teeth starts chattering while staring at me in fear. My eyes soften at the sight and I approach him. I squat in front of him to be on the same eye-level as he is.

"Look... Zenitsu-Nii. Forgive me for my sudden outburst if that scared you. But you're going to be alright. You've survived for this long. You are stronger than you let yourself believe. So, please believe in yourself more, alright?" I said. I smile softly at him. He blushes deep shade of red as he stares at me. I stand up and offers my hand to him. He grabs my hand, allowing me to pull him to his feet.

"Also... I'd like to give each of you something. I hope it will be able to help you" I said. I reach inside my pouch and pulls out all of my UV Light-bomb.

I turn my head to look at Zenitsu and Inosuke

I turn my head to look at Zenitsu and Inosuke. Zenitsu looks confused at the object in my hands. "This is a UV Light-bomb. The light coming from this basically imitates the sunlight. It lasted 10 seconds each. So please use it when you need it. I only have 8 left, so each of us will have two" I said. I hand two to each of them.

"How do we use it though?" Zenitsu asked. I turn to look at him and smiles. I walk towards him and points at the string on the flash-bomb.

"Just pull this string right here and throw it at the demon you're fighting. It would instantly activated the light to turn on. Also, please remember to cover your eyes from the light" I said. He nods his head at what I said. I turn my head to see Inosuke is about to pull on the string. "NOT NOW, YOU IDIOT!!" I yelled out, making him jump at the tone of my voice.

He turn his head to look at me as I stomp towards him. "I told you to only use it against a stronger demon! Do you see any demon around here?? You're about to use it for nothing!" I yelled, while glaring angrily at him as he visibly shivers. I let out a sigh as I try to calm myself.

"Please... don't use it so recklessly. Only use it when you desperately needed to. Do you understand?" I said. He nods his head. I turn to look at Onii-Chan and Zenitsu to see them nodding as well, to let me know they understand my instruction.

I turn around my head the mountain. I feel a strong evil aura coming from within the mountain. I clench my hands into tight fists as I take a deep breath, sending a silent prayer to God to give us protection so we can get out of this place safely.

*to be continued*