Chapter 2

I wake up to the light coming in through the big windows and the chirping of birds outside. I turn to the other side of the bed and see a bunch of flowers on the nightstand. Immediately a smile crosses my face, and a wave of good mood runs through me.

There was a note next to the gift: "Good morning my champion, I had to get up earlier, but later I'll be on the bench to support you. Love you, Yuri."

Adorable.

I take a shower and tie my hair to a stump. I wear my competition uniform, which is totally my face. Navy blue with gold accents, emphasizing elegance and power at the same time. I put on a small brooch that represents my family crest.

I connected to this world around the age of seven. I asked my nanny what my mother liked to do when she was alive and, although it seemed like a taboo subject, she replied saying "riding". The nanny said, before I was born, when she was riding she looked happy and free. My father spent hours watching her. It is not surprising that a child, who begged for her parent's attention, ran towards the stables to try to ride for the first time and failed miserably.

Obviously, I didn't give up, even without Boris' support. I never understood the duality of criteria he has for me. If he liked to see my mother, wouldn't it be expected that he would also like to see his daughter do it?

I go downstairs and have breakfast alone. I'm not nervous, I'm better than any of those assholes, who do everything to get me out of competitions, claiming that this is not a sport for "girls". Disgusting macho-men afraid of losing. I just wish I could throw some bricks at their heads.

I hear someone coming down the stairs and a few seconds later someone tumbling. I look around, only to see hair almost as blond as mine.

- FUCK!

- Are you okay?

- I thought I was late - he frowns.

- Technically you are, but you can come with me - he kisses me on the cheek, and I ruffle his hair. Family tradition, which, by the way, he hates. I order Nik to eat and he promptly obeys. I just got ready and put on a riding helmet and my favorite boots.

We started our journey to the biggest equestrian center in Moscow in my car, a black Lamborghini Veneno Roadster. I could have many more, but, in my opinion, it's a waste of money. My boyfriend strongly disagrees and he himself has a collection of over twenty cars.

- Don't you think you should slow down?

- You think this is speed? I hope you never get in a car with Yuri.

- Yeah - He rolls his eyes.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

The difference in the atmosphere between the championships organized by public entities and the championships organized by oligarchs is notable. First, only the elites of the elites are represented here. If we add up all the heritage of the people who are here, it would be possible to implement a new Russia.

The benches are covered in exquisite decorations and in the VIP area is my family, which Nik has already joined. I head to the stables to warm up with my horse. Aza is more than used to this type of event, so I know he is not nervous.

I run my hand through the short black fur and he puts his head close to my torso.

- Are you ready? Let's win this, then we'll go home and we will eat lots of carrots, okay? - Obviously, he won't answer me, but he understands me and my emotions flow to him as if we have some kind of connection between souls.

- Irina - a strong voice travels down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I turn around and see Boris walking through the stables– Today you won't win