Chapter 7 - Vicenzo POV

I love to make big entrances. The kind that leaves those who don't know me with their mouths open and those who know me with fear. The door where everyone passes is too basic for me. My security guards are already on the top floor. Nothing that a good conversation and a wink can't solve.

Just imagining the old man's face when he realizes that I didn't follow the rules of the stupid invitation almost makes me squirm with pleasure. If my father was here, he would pull my ears and tell me to be more discreet, but that word is not part of my essence. Either I do it big or I prefer not to do it at all.

After putting the last touches on the mirror, I heard high heels clicking on the stairs. A feminine silhouette, covered by a tight but not skin-tight dress. It doesn't take a genius to guess who she is, plus her hair color can fool no one. She looks delicate. If she puts in the effort I bet she can look harmless, but I know that she is a real pain in my ass. That shitty spy worked for her and all those hellish attacks were at her behest.

What seems strange is her reaction. I would expect anything. A sick smile, a middle finger, a threat, literally anything, but she simply looks like she doesn't care at all. In fact, when we exchanged glances, she looked friendly, even exposed to me. No one looks weak around their fucking enemy, so why would she...

She doesn't know my face. By some miracle, I think that she must have never seen my face. How is it possible? It doesn't matter. A smile rises on my lips and when I look back I can see her looking at me through the reflection of a glass.

My head is full of images that immediately translate into a tightening of the fabric of my pants. How delicious it would be to fuck her without her knowing who I am. How exciting it would be to see her begging for more from the enemy.

- Signore, si sente bene? (sir, are you feeling well?)

- I already told you not to speak Italian here. Either you use your broken english or you stay silent - my excitement disappears in seconds, it is a shame, a man can never have peace - Now you go upstairs with me and just make sure you stay silent, the rest is up to me - he nods and we begin the show.

BANG. A shot in the air is enough to put everyone on alert. The security guards pointed their weapons in my direction but some of them realized who I was and slowly lowered it. The Russians continued with their guns up, begging God to let them shoot.

- Look who decided to show up. It is a pity that no one educated you, but let's hope that with time you learn some manners - I know perfectly well that the old man approach is not by chance, but fear is another word that is not part of me. I start to hear small footsteps coming up the stairs and that is when I know that my golden opportunity is on the way. I remain silent for a few seconds and surely a lot of people are already thinking about how fucking stupid I am. Maybe some idiots are even questioning whether they should stay in the alliance.

Three ... two ... one ...

She has slightly red cheeks and a worried expression, which quickly changes to confusion when she sees a lot of people gathered in a semicircle and several of her guards pointing in her direction. She takes a step, presumably to go to her father, but I am faster and I take her hand gently, pressing a kiss to her glove. She gives a small smile, but as soon as she starts to solve the puzzle she quickly removes her hand and walks away. How sad.

- Goodnight Mr. Petrov, I had some major issues to attend to, but I'm genuinely glad you waited - this time, it is me approaching - I must say you have done an excellent job. I can not wait to appreciate all that this country has to offer - I look at his daughter, who has been watching carefully.

- Don't play games you can't win, son - he warned me.

- Don't you think it is time for your retirement? I know a nursing home that can accept you - He puts his hand inside the suit and I get ready to take my gun out of my waistband until we are interrupted by the blondie.

- Well, since we are all here, can we move on to the meal?

People start to disperse. It was smart of her, because the table is on the opposite side and gives her a few seconds to defuse the situation.

- Are you crazy? Dad, you know the protocol for this kind of event. You were about to give the Italians the right to kill you! And you, don't you have the slightest sense of education.

- I am so ...

- Save the courtesies for those who are interested in them - she interrupts me - Stop being idiots.

She turns her back and makes her way towards the guests. I'm stunned, in addition to being pretty, she even had the balls to call her father an idiot. One hundred points in favor of Irina Petrov. I will kill her faster without pain.

- If your daughter says, that's an order.

- Stay away from things that aren't yours - he steps in and leaves me alone with my bodyguards.

- Enzo, did he just treat his successor like a thing?

- Yes, Signor.

- Interesting.