2.7

Tw: Mentions of abuse, abandonment and neglect.

We are in a board meeting right now and suddenly my phone goes off, unknown number.

"Can I be excused? I believe this is an important call." I said, looking at Mr Earle.

"Five minutes."

I gave a light smile and quickly rushed to the bathroom. "Hello?"

"You have training today, when do you end?" The voice stated, in a hushed tone.

"I end at five today."

"Black car out front. We have taken your car home for you, so don't worry about that." The phone then hung up and I went back out to the table, Bruce sending a worried expression. I sent back a light smile and focused back on the meeting.

-

Right on time the meeting ended at 4:45. Just enough time to grab my things and make my way downstairs to my office.

"Miss Laurier, are you alright?" Bruce asked as I exited with my bag, 7 minutes until 5.

"Yes, just have an appointment that I must get to."

"I can drive you, if you'd like."

"I appreciate your offer but, I have someone picking me up." I smiled as we got in the elevator.

"If you're in danger you can tell me. You know that, right?"

"If I was I'd tell you," I smiled, "but I am not, so you don't have to worry."

I got out of the elevator and made my way outside, I got another call.

"Are you out?" The voice asked.

"Yes." I replied as they hung up. A black van then appeared in front of me, I got in and we drove off.

We drove to a shady alley and down a road that took us to an area underground. They then escorted me through a few of the closed down tunnels. We then were in front of a temple sort of thing.

"What is this?"

"This is our main hub in Gotham. The Lazarus Pit is here. We have points all around the city where we plan though. You will slowly know of them all." One of the men said.

-

I practiced for two hours before they let me go. I was dropped off a few blocks away, from there I had to take a taxi. I felt as though someone was watching me but I pushed it away.

When I got home I turned on the TV like usual and started making dinner.

"Hannah Alice Lynwood is missing. She is described to have Blonde hair, green eyes and was last seen wearing blue. If anyone has any information please come forward."

"What the hell?" I said shocked, accidentally cutting my finger while chopping some veggies. "Fuck!" I cried out, running to the bathroom to grab my first aid kit. I quickly patched myself up and threw out the vegetables since the blood had gotten on them.

I cleaned up everything and called a restaurant to get food delivered to me. I ordered from my Uncle's restaurant since it's supporting the family.

-

A bang came from my balcony and the lights turned off. Bats or Crow? Eh, now I have a reason to use my training from earlier. The door slid open and a figure came in, but I was hiding. We worked on hiding earlier in my training today.

I heard as he walked around and I snuck up behind them and pinned him to the ground. "Hello Batman. Nice seeing you!" I smiled, still having him captured. I quickly got up letting him go.