Chapter 6

Aemond stood with his siblings and mother during Lucerys Velaryon's trial with his arms held behind his back and a stoic face. His eye peaked over every now and then towards his half sister's family in search of his niece, but she was nowhere to be found. No one had seen her all morning except for his own grandsire, Lord Hightower.

Otto briefly mentioned it at their family breakfast earlier. He'd only seen her for a moment, but she was just leaving the king's chambers when he went to go check on him. Most likely to make sure the king was still the corpse he always was.

Still there was no sign of her.

Where was she? She made a huge deal of supporting the bastard, but doesn't show up?

Ser Vaemond was laying his speech on thick to the court, though he really didn't need to. Otto and Alicent had control of the throne, it was a guarantee that they'd win.

Rhaenyra and Daemon knew it too. Daemon glanced over at his wife when Vaemond mocked her knowledge of Valyrian blood. He raised his eyebrows just enough for her to notice with a slight innocent look in his eye. He wasn't implying an innocent request from his future queen though. Daemon wouldn't stand for anyone insulting his family, especially his wife. Even if they were all doomed and trapped in that throne room if they lost, he was taking a trophy on his way out of this world.

 Even if they were all doomed and trapped in that throne room if they lost, he was taking a trophy on his way out of this world

***I left my divorce rock at home, honey, but I can use my sword on him. Pleaasssseeeeeee👉🏻👈🏻***

She nodded slightly, but she couldn't look at him. She knew what that look meant, but it didn't make it an easier decision. The only reason she even agreed was she hoped it would protect her second born from any more harm.

The queen called Rhaenyra for her testimony and she stepped to the center where Vaemond was formerly standing. She let out an exhausted sigh before she spoke, but was promptly cut off by the doors to the throne room opening.

"King Viserys, of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and The First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm." The guard announced as King Viserys was marching as best as he could, but with Alys at his side holding his handless arm tightly in her grasp. Her shoulder was buried underneath his armpit to help him appear to be straighter and stronger in his steps to the court.

Viserys was standing as tall as his granddaughter could help him. He still had his cane in his remaining hand to help him, and he wore a golden mask to conceal the rotting on the right side of his face. Every last bit of strength he had in himself went into their walk.

Alys kept her head held high, but she'd constantly check to her side to make sure her grandfather was ok. As they passed Rhaenyra and her family, Alys gave a reassuring nod to her aunt and Rhaenyra's eyes became glossy when she realized there was a chance.