Chapter 3

Buffy and Xander exit the Bronze both feeling reinvigorated.

"So what's the plan?" Xander asks.

"We're gonna need to do some reconnaissance, figure out where their lair is, the usual." Buffy said.

"And are we doing this ourselves or are we rallying the team like I talked about earlier. You know, avengers assemble and all that—Who the hell is that guy?!" Xander says perplexed.

Xander points up to the mysterious figure draped in black. He stands perched on the edge of a building, with a hauntingly long cape that envelopes the ground around him. The figure says nothing.

"Hello? Do you happen to be a creature of the night or just a really weird dude?" Buffy asks

The figure says nothing.

"Good talk." She replies.

Suddenly the Fatvamp and a few of his friends come out of nowhere and surround Buffy and Xander.

"Look who it is. The slayer with the bad outfits."

"Hey!" Buffy retorts.

"These guys part of the gang?" Xander asks.

"Yes." Buffy says.

"Are you feeling better?" Xander says.

"For one fat vampire and a few of his friends? Yeah I think I can handle it." Buffy says with some venom behind it.

"Hey! I'm not fat." FatVamp says.

Xander and Buffy both look at his stomach.

"It's a dad bod." FatVamp says.

They continue looking.

"Father figure?" FatVamp says running out of options.

Buffy scoffs. "Let's get this over with."

The figure remains, watching from above, the vampires haven't spotted him yet.

"I told Octavia we'd only beat on you a little but after that I'm thinking we end this here."

"Octavia? That would be the-" Buffy starts asking.

"The one that kicked your ass the other night." FatVamp says.

"We'll see who wins round two. Only you won't be able to watch after tonight." Buffy says.

The fatvamp grunts angrily and signals for more vampires. About eight more vampires come out and encircle them.

"Buffy?" Xander says.

"Yeah."

"How much better are you feeling?" Xander asks.

"Uh-"

The vampires start to circle.

Buffy snatches the fat vamp, taking him hostage. She holds a stake to his heart.